Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

In this section, address each of the following. Define the…

Customer Question
In this section, address each...
In this section, address each of the following.Define the network topology that will be used and justify the decision.
Select the appropriate cables and connectors and justify the decision. Describe where wired connections will be used within or across the two new academic buildings and justify the decision. Students must use both wired and wireless technologies.
Student should be specific when discussing the models, types, and costs.
Select the appropriate networking and internetworking hardware for each building, and justify the decision.
Select the appropriate Wide Area Network (WAN) design and wireless configuration, and justify the decision. Students must use both wired and wireless technologies.
Consider that faculty, students, and guests can bring their own devices (BYOD) and use their computer in each of the buildings.
Select the appropriate computer systems hardware to use to support the faculty, students, and overall network design; and justify the decision(s).
Student should be specific when discussing the models, types, and costs.Students will find the majority of information working through the TestOut LabSim labs. Students should seek additional information to include in each submission as described in the overview by searching scholarly journals and other credible sources as appropriate. Reputable technical websites can be considered a credible source, but make sure to include at least two scholarly sources for each part of the Network Design Proposal.
Network Addressing and Security (i.e., Part 2)In this section, address each of the following.IP Addressing:Watch How to Subnet a Network Video provided in Content -> Project Instructions
Review the Network Address Template provided in Content -> Project Instructions -> Project Templates for Parts 1 - 3
Complete the subnet chart provided at the end of the document.Security
Select each of the firewall types to implement, describe network or host-based placement, and configuration details; and justify each of the decisions.
Students should be specific when discussing the models, types, and costs.
Select an IDS, IPS, or both for the network and justify your decision.
Define a DMZ implementation and justify the decision.
Select physical security measures for each of the new academic buildings and justify the decision.
Select additional network security measures to be implemented and justify the decision. They should include:
How you will protect against social engineering attacks, and justify your decision.
How you will protect against faculty or students willingly, or unwillingly introducing malware onto the network, and justify your decision.
What secure protocols you will require for faculty and students to use while accessing resources internal, or external to the network, and justify your decision.
Make explicit that UMUC will not be liable for any problems arising from personal use of devices in the two buildings.Network Customization and Optimization (i.e., Part 3)
Building DetailsPlease consider the following building layout:Building dimensions: length: 240 feet, width: 95 feet, height: 30 feetThe building will house six computer labs that will be used for instruction. In the building diagrams above, the labs are labeled Classroom #1, Classroom #2, and Classroom #4 on the first floor and Classroom #1, Classroom #2, and Classroom #5 on the second floor; each computer lab will have a closet. Each lab will have 26 devices: 23 student computers, one instructor computer, and one server in the closet for instructional use. Students should consider high traffic areas for WiFi, such as the sitting areas and not the classrooms.In addition, there will be a student computer lab that will provide computer access to students to do their homework. There will be 25 computers in this lab and a server in the closet. To allow students access to library resources, the library will also have 10 computers for the general public to use and five computers for library staff.Finally, there are offices in the building. Each of these offices will have one computer for staff use, with the exception of the admissions office, which will have five computers. There will be two server rooms, one on the first floor and one on the second floor.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Writing Homework
10/2/2017
Writing Tutor: GLENN, Teacher replied 7 months ago
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher

Hi may I help you ?

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree