Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

Assignment 2: Courts, Prosecution, and the Defense Due Week

Assignment 2: Courts, Prosecution, and...
Assignment 2: Courts, Prosecution, and the DefenseDue Week 7 and worth 200 pointsThe courts have one of the most important roles in the Criminal Justice system. They are responsible for the interpretation and application of law when crimes are committed and they help to bring resolve to disputes between people, companies and units of government.In preparation for this assignment, please carefully review the case of Michael T. Slager below. Also, please review the court report samples below for reference in preparing a standard court report.Michael T. Slager Case
Court Report Sample 1
Court Report Sample 2
Based on your understanding from the readings in chapters 7-9, write a three to four (3-4) page court report in which you:Summarize the case, including a detailed description of the crime that took place.
Outline the level of court that was assigned to the case (e.g. local/state, municipal, or federal) and the reason why that level was appropriate.
Describe the key characters in the case and the roles they played.
Explain the charge(s) against the defendant(s) and the evidence presented to justify the charge(s). Indicate whether or not the defendant was offered some form of plea deal prior to the court date.
State whether any witnesses were called in the case. If so, identify the witness(es) and provide a rationale as to why they were called.
Highlight the outcome of the case (verdict) and take a position on whether the verdict was appropriate based on the charges.
Include at least one (1) additional quality reference in addition to the case file presented.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:Follow standard court report format, using the examples provided in your course shell for reference.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:Explain the development of American courts and illustrate the concept of the dual-court system.
Distinguish between the various courtroom participants, and describe the stages in a criminal trial.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.
Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the court report, and language and writing skills, using this rubric.
8/19/2017
lani_s
lani_s, Bachelor's Degree

When you need that please?

i need it no later than Sunday August 20th by midnight central time? will that be manageable?
Also if you only do 2 1/2 pages that will be fine with me.

I'm sorry but I won't have time to work on this until Sunday night so the earliest I can have it done will be by Monday.

If that won't work, then I will have to opt out.

Ok that will be fine. When Monday will you be able to have it by?

Monday evening, before midnight.

Hello. How is the assignment coming?

Hi, sorry.

Something unexpected came up and I had been away from computers unable to work on this.

Do you still need help on this?

Anyway, I will need to opt out for the meantime so other experts can help. .

I still need this assignment! What happened?
Are you able to get it to me today?
Dr. Wilson
Dr. Wilson, Doctoral Degree

Hi. I can get this to you by the end of the day tomorrow. I just saw it at this moment, otherwise I would get it finished sooner. Let me know asap if you would like me to get started. I have a Juris Doctor degree so I do know of what I speak. Please let me know asap if you would like me to begin. Thanks. Dr. Wilson

Dr. Wilson. That would be great. Thank you so much for being able to get it to me by tomorrow

Absolutely. I am starting NOW. I will keep you posted. :)

Sounds awesome. And just 3 full at least will be good enough for me if that helps getting it done sooner.
3 full pages.

Hi. Just checking in. I am almost finished. As I said, I will have it to you by the end of today, PST. (By midnight). :) All is well, btw. No worries.

Great sounds

Hello. I need to see the Court Report Samples for the Slager Case. I am nearly finished but I need to see the Standard Court Report Format as provided in the examples provided in your course shell for reference. I have no access to any of it. I am nearly finished with all of the content. I just need either access to the standard court report format, or you need to copy and past it onto this thread for me. So the content is nearly finished but I need to see an example of the proper court report format so I can format this correctly for you. thanks.

Hello. I am finished but I need the format so I can properly format this for you. It is getting very late so I am going to go to sleep and I will check in the morning to see if you have the format for me. I just need you to know I am completely finished with all of the content. :) So I finished on time! If you want me to just send it over as is then I will do so, but I would rather format it properly for you. I do not have access to your class room materials so I need you to cut and paste the format sample for me. Thanks. :)

OK I just saw what you actually need. I had no idea it was a pull on petition to the court. there is no way I could do this in one day. Something like this takes a week or more. I am sorry but I am opting out. Also it would cost way way way more money to do a full on petition. Sorry. Good luck.I am opting out.

Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

Hope you're having a great morning. When is your deadline for this assignment?

My deadline for this assignment was a week ago
Idk why that guy said it would take a week or more when we only have a week to do it anyway. I don't need anything to fancy. I just need it complete. For some reason it's taken a week on here for this assignment to get completed. Are you able to help me? It's only a freshman course.

Dear Customer,

Yes, I can help you. I will make you an offer and have it completed by today. Thank you. Once you accept the offer, we can proceed.

Thank you.

Dr. Donna Kakonge
Thank you for all your help Donna

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for accepting my offer. I will have this assignment completed for you by today.

Thank you.

Is this assignment complete yet?

Dear Customer,

I have already sent you this assignment yesterday.

Thank you.

Please check your email before you ask me these questions.

Thank you.

I don't know our emails are not cordinating because I get notifications for all my emails. I check my emails like I check my text messages. I will give you my work email instead of my school email. ***********************

If that still doesn't go through then can you please send it through on this website

Dear Customer,

Thank you. I will send you this assignment again and if you can send me the same instructions per assignment which have been paid for, I will send it with pleasure.

Thank you!

Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge