Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Energy engineer needed to solve this problem: I have a

Customer Question

Energy engineer needed to solve this problem: I have a project due that is five pages long and need it done.EGEE 302
Principles of energy engineering
Summer 2017
Project: Comparison of EV vs Gasoline cars for energy and environmental performance/efficiency
“Volvo just announced plans to phase out gas-only car production by 2019, at which time all new Volvos will either be fully electric or electric hybrids. The company also said that it would launch three new fully electric Volvos between 2019 and 2021, and two high performance electrics under the Polestar brand. All new hybrids will be a mix of petrol and diesel twin-engine plug-ins and 48 volt "mild hybrid" options
“This announcement marks the end of the solely combustion engine-powered car,” said CEO Håkan Samuelsson. “Volvo Cars has stated that it plans to have sold a total of one million electrified cars by 2025. When we said it we meant it. This is how we are going to do it.”
To convince general public, why Volvo is making such a move, as an energy engineer, you will be comparing electric and gasoline cars’ environmental performance using the material that you learnt in this class. Over a 300-mile range, analyse how much coal needs to be burned for an electric car to generate enough electricity and what would be the carbon and other emissions based on material balances. Give your calculations with respect to CO2, SO2, NOx and other emissions assuming a coal fired power plant produces the electricity for the electric car. You need to get information in miles per kWh/gallon for electric and gasoline cars respectively. Then perform material balances on the two cars energy input. Energy input will be the number of kg of coal burnt to generate the kWh for 300 miles and number of gallons of gasoline required based on reasonable mileage for gasoline vehicle.
Your final selection incentives should be based on smaller carbon-footprint, cost and fuel efficiency. Comment on why or why not EV is a cleaner choice. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using renewable energy (for example, biofuel) or nuclear energy sources instead of coal to generate the electricity. Compare the emissions that are produced by an EV and a gasoline car, prepare a 3 to 5-page report (include introduction, assumptions, calculations, findings, conclusions and references) clearly showing your work and analysis to receive full credit.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Do you have any deadline for this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's due in 2 days
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you sure you can do this?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Yes, i can do this, please let me know can you cite me in this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can. You have to pull up your own data on coal samples within a specified region cite that info too. If this is not within your expertise I want to know as this project is very important to me.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But if it is within your expertise then I would really appreciate the help and support.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Hello

Still need the answer? and let me know about deadline once again

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
deadline is tomorrow and yes i do
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Kindly let me know that how much time is remaining in hours? as i am from different time zone, thanks.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

I am sending you the offer please accept it so i can deliver the answer in next 24 to 36 hours, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
240$ is too much I kindly decline your offer
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

So how much you are willing to pay for such kind of work? please keep in mind that your work requires extensive research and written work too, thanks.