Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

This writing exercise will help your instructor discover who

Customer Question
you are as a writer. The...
This writing exercise will help your instructor discover who you are as a writer.
The essay will be used to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses as a writer, and it will allow the instructor the opportunity to identify grammatical, stylistic, and mechanical problems specific to each student. Do not fret over the idea that grammar, style, and mechanics will be evaluated in this assignment. This writing exercise is merely one way to take a look at any particular patterns that exist in your writing. You will earn full credit for completing this assignment as long as you follow instructions.
A personal essay is about a life experience, person, or object that has significance to you and that you tell to an audience for a reason. The Ashford Writing Center provides a helpful overview of Personal Writing, which reflects the type of essay you will be writing for not only the Practice Essay, but your Final Essay as well.
Use one of the ideas for a personal essay that you came up with in the “Generating Ideas for Writing” discussion. Your essay should stir readers into thinking about and remembering their own experiences.
The essay should be 550 to 800 words in length. This essay does not require incorporating any external sources.
For more information about how to write a personal essay, please review the major elements that define personal essays in Chapter 6 of Essentials of College Writing, which include character, plot, purpose, action, and point of view. You may use first person and may incorporate dialogue (using quotes) if appropriate. Keep in mind that your essay is about connecting the story to your readers to expand their own reflection on a life experience.
The essay written for this section is diagnostic in nature. As such, you will receive a grade based solely on whether or not you submit the assignment and that it meets the minimum word requirement. Your essay will not be used to place you into classes. Your instructor will use this essay to provide you with assistance tailored to your needs.
When reading your essay, your instructor will look for the following features
•Structure – The consistency with which the writer identifies and maintains the essay’s main idea. Two main points of structure include the thesis statement and topic sentences.
•Thesis Statement – Emphasizes the main point proven in the essay. The thesis usually occurs early in the essay, most ideally as the last sentence in the introduction.
•Topic Sentences – Occur near the beginning of each paragraph. They state what the paragraph proves and advance the main idea conveyed in the thesis statement.
•Development – How the writer uses details and examples to evolve ideas throughout the essay and sequence of ideas presented in the essay. All of the ideas within the essay should clearly relate to the main point.
•Style – How writers chose to express themselves. Elements of style include word choice, sentence construction, and clarity. Style elements can vary according to the audience and purpose of the writing.
•Grammar – The instructor will evaluate your essay for common grammatical mistakes that can often affect the overall quality and clarity of your writing.
Note: Your essay should be 550 to 800 words in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the APA Template handout. Save your essay as a Microsoft Word document (.doc) or rich text file (.rtf).
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment. Remember that the criteria will not affect your grade on this essay, but it will likely apply to future writing assignments
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Writing Homework
11/13/2016
Writing Tutor: David L., Writer replied 1 year ago
David L.
David L., Writer

My name is David.

By when do you need the essay completed?

Thanks,

David.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By Midnight
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

Please click the link below to download the report:

click here

Thanks,

David.

Were you able to successfully download and review the report?
Thanks,
David.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is that

I am referring to the report I posted at the link above. Were you able to download and review the report?

Here again is a download link to the report:

click here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the download is not working

Ok then please use the following link to download:

click here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still not working why do I need to download it I've never had to and I've used justanswer.com millions of times

I could post the text here for you however it would lose formatting which is why I am providing the download link. Please try this last download link and let me know if it works.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay Just a second
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the last link worked

Ok, very good.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that the assignment

Yes, and it meets all the requirements and is on the longer side of the word requirement.

Any questions after reviewing the document?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am going to look at it and then I will get back to you

OK, thank you. I will check back.

David.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think part of the assignment is cut off because the last sentence isn't complete

The last sentence should read "Both are essential in life, just like they are in great vacations." Is that what you see in the report?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the last part is cut off

Here is another upload and link to the document:

Just verified that downloading from the new link provides the entire document.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have another assignment and would like you to take a look at it .... it just would be easier since you did my this one

Yes, sounds good. Please post the assignment as a new question and request me. Also please post the details of the assignment along with the due date and I will respond with any questions I may have before getting started.

Also, please provide a positive rating if you are satisfied with the service as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,

David.

Just checking to see if you need further assistance.

If you are satisfied with the service please provide a positive rating as that is how I get paid for (receive credit) for my work.

Thanks,

David.

David L.
David L.
David L., Writer