Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

501786RR Making Policy 1. As a public-policy analyst, you

Customer Question
501786RR Making...
501786RR Making Policy
1. As a public-policy analyst, you must recognize that institutions
A. shape public policy.
B. that shape public policy must be regulated.
C. should never be allowed to shape public policy.
D. always shape public policy.
2. In a nutshell, why do generous subsidies to American cotton farmers seriously reduce the income of West African cotton farmers?
A. American cotton farmers produce more cotton than is required for the global market.
B. American cotton farmers produce less cotton than is required for the global market.
C. Prices in the global market for cotton are set at unrealistically low levels.
D. Prices in the global market for cotton are set at unrealistically high levels.
3. When ordinary, otherwise decent citizens can't be excluded from taking advantage of some public good, like a tax-supported park, they have a strong incentive to
A. vandalize public property.
B. be opposed to public goods.
C. be free riders.
D. misuse public property.
4. The impact of a policy change has on different groups – different income groups, racial groups, neighborhoods, or other relevant consideration is known as _________.
A. distributional effects
B. unintended effects
C. counterintuitive effects
D. intended effects
5. Regarding your textbook's real-world policy discussion of economic growth in India, which statement is true?
A. India has overregulated businesses, especially in the manufacturing sector.
B. Bangalore's hi-tech industries have benefitted from government infrastructure development.
C. India has overinvested in infrastructure.
D. Road construction has reduced traffic congestion.
6. The FBI has access to forensic techniques and databases that are unavailable at the state and local law enforcement levels. When we are busy formulating a public policy initiative, this example might illustrate institutional
A. disparity.
B. rigidity.
C. capacity.
D. propriety.
7. Regarding fundamental rationales for government intervention, if we are concerned to identify situations where the social marginal cost exceeds the private marginal cost, what specific rationale are we exploring?
A. Promoting competition
B. Equity and the social safety net
C. Providing public goods
D. Ameliorating externalities
8. _______ incentives may be encouraged when stakeholders seek to maximize their utility through behavior that is socially harmful.
A. Paradoxical
B. Conflicted
C. Perverse
D. Contrafactual
9. Regarding the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and whistle-blowers, which statement is true?
A. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act vests OSHA with the power to investigate whistle-blower claims.
B. When OSHA's investigative responsibilities were expanded, its funding was expanded.
C. OSHA has the authority to issue subpoenas.
D. OSHA specializes in protecting whistle-blowers associated with securities fraud.
10. Which of the following statements is true?
A. All of the above are true.
B. Institutions are the laws, organizations, and accepted practices that enable a society to make the best possible use of its resources.
C. Institutions are often given the responsibility of making individuals, firms, and even nations, do things they would otherwise chose not to do.
D. Institutions earn and maintain legitimacy by reasonably reflecting the preferences of the people over whom authority is being exercised.
11. Antitrust laws can prevent firms in the same industry from price fixing. Among rationales that justify government intervention, which one applies here?
A. Promoting competition
B. Paternalism
C. Equity and the social safety net
D. Lowering transaction costs
12. Josh feels threatened by Mexican immigrants pouring into the country in search of jobs; he refers to the immigrants as illegal aliens. Jane is in favor of expanding job opportunities for Mexican immigrants and refers to the immigrants as undocumented workers. Regarding the use of language in the context of persuasion, what does this scenario illustrate?
A. Substantiation
B. Contradiction
C. Propaganda
D. Framing
13. Respecting Brazil's Bolsa Familia program, which statement is true?
A. Eligibility for the program is unconditional.
B. Payments are usually made to the female head of household.
C. The benefits of the program actually serve only a very small proportion of Brazil's poor.
D. The program is highly centralized.
14. _______ democratic institutions include provisions designed to assure that the majority preference will not prevail under specified circumstances.
A. All
B. About half of all
C. Nearly all
D. A small number of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Writing Homework
9/19/2016
Writing Tutor: lkhoward, Master's Degree replied 1 year ago
lkhoward
lkhoward, Master's Degree

is this one also the same, you just need the answers?

I'll work on this tomorrow

working on this now. do you want your answers via email or on here?

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree