Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

Research the Internet about a problem that occurs with one

Customer Question
of the body's organ systems...
Research the Internet about a problem that occurs with one of the body's organ systems . For your first post, write a description about the disease/disorder you chose. What are some of the symptoms? Is it treatable/curable? If so, how? Is it genetic or caused by something environmental? Why did you choose this particular problem? Does it affect a particular group of individuals more than others? Etc? Do you have any personal experience with this problem? List at least one source from your research. Remember that you should only select one organ system disorder for your initial response. See the discussion forum for more details.
JA: Huh?
Customer: sorry. that is the assignment.
JA: The Writing Tutor can help you get an A on your paper. Is there anything else the Writing Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Writing Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Writing Homework
6/20/2016
Writing Tutor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

This is an information request;

Let me know, which organ system you want to choose. My suggestions would be;

1) Kidney stones; urinary system

2 Gall bladder stone; digestive system

3) Rheumatoid arthritis; musculoskeletal / joint-muscle system.

How many words do you want?

What is the dead line of submission?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Gall bladder stone, 250, and today

Okay. Can I send it in 3-4 hours?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

If done by 11:30pm eastern time

Sure.

Gallstone disease is the most common disorder affecting the body's digestive system. Bile is a thick fluid, made in the liver and stored in the gallbladder. It goes in the small intestine to digest fat. Bile contains cholesterol, water, proteins, bilirubin (a breakdown of blood cells), bile salts (it is a chemical necessary to digest fat), and small amounts of other materials. If the chemical balance of bile contains too much of any of these components, particularly the cholesterol, crystals form and can harden into stones.

The prevalence of gallstone disease varies worldwide. High rates occur in the United States, and some of the European countries. In the United States, an estimated 10 to 15 percent of adults have gallstone disease. Gallstones are most common among overweight, middle-aged women. About a million new cases are diagnosed each year, and some 800,000 operations are performed to treat gallstones every year.

Following are the symptoms of the gall stones;

1) Upper stomach (abdomen) pain. This occurs mainly after the fatty meals.

2) Nausea

3) Vomiting

4) Tenderness on stomach.

5) Occasionally Jaundice.

It is a curable disease. The mainstay of the treatment is operation in which gall bladder is removed. This is done by a key hole surgery. Some people who cannot undergo operation may take medicine for the treatment. Medicines needs to be taken for more than 1-2 years and can causes significant diarrhea. The other problem with the medicine is that as soon as it is stopped; stones form again.

Though a gene has not been identified, but it has been seen to run in the families. There are other life style and environmental factors too, for the causative of gall bladder stones, such as;

a) Obesity

b) High Cholesterol in blood.

c) Increasing age

d) Diabetes.

I chose this problem because it is one of the commonest surgical disease. I also chose it is because it is fairly preventable ailment. We should aware people that good life style factors like healthy diet, regular exercises and ideal body weight maintenance can prevent the gall bladder stones.

It does affect few individuals;

1) Like fat women of forty to fifty years.

2) Women who use oral contraceptives.

3) Hispanics, Native Americans, and Caucasians of Northern European descent are most likely to be at risk for gallstones. African Americans are at lower risk.

I have a small experience of gall bladder stone disease. One of my Aunt was affected by it and was operated. She is well now.

REFERENCES;

http://health.usnews.com/health-conditions/digestive-disorders/gallstones/overview

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/gallstones/article_em.htm

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

I would appreciate, if you can please rate the interaction. Only a positive rating credits and compensates the experts for the time and expertise.

Wishing you all the very best in life and all of your future endeavors.

I would be grateful, if you can please provide a positive rating as this is the only way we experts are compensated for the work here.

Thank you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)