Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

ASSIGNMENT 04E01 Careers in Early Childhood EducationDirections:

Customer Question
ASSIGNMENT 04 E01 Careers in Early...
ASSIGNMENT 04
E01 Careers in Early Childhood Education
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the "Assignment Format" page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
The scenarios presented below are similar to those that you will likely encounter as an early childhood educator. Put yourself in the shoes of the early childhood educator and apply your knowledge and skills to navigate through each scenario.
Scenario 1
Both Friedrich Froebel and Maria Montessori developed unique materials to support their methods of teaching children. These materials are still used in classrooms today. Imagine that you are an early childhood educator at a preschool where you teach a class of 3- to 5-year-olds.
Part A: Develop an original age-appropriate activity for your preschool class using one of the following.
• Froebel’s cube gift
• Froebel’s parquetry gift
• Lincoln Logs
1. Describe the activity that you have developed.
2. Identify the skills that the activity would help develop.
Part B: Develop an original age-appropriate activity for your preschool class promoting the same skill(s) as the activity above, but develop the activity based on the Montessori method.
2. What are the key differences between the two activities you developed?
Scenario 2
Characteristics of developmentally appropriate practices can be observed in classrooms. Intentional teachers can utilize this knowledge in planning experiences specifically designed for children of various ages to enhance their development and learning.
Below is a list of some of the characteristics that children display naturally. Imagine that you are teaching a kindergarten class of 5- to 6-year-olds. Develop two learning activities that you could use to further nurture the development of these capabilities. Each experience should integrate at least three of the characteristics listed below. Make sure to describe how each characteristic is incorporated into the activities.
Lead Draw Initiate
Create Raise questions Speak
Move Solve problems Decide
Create art Try again Choose wisely
Make a plan Read and make books
Scenario 3
Imagine that you are an early childhood educator who teaches a first-grade class of 6- to 7-year-olds. Develop an activity designed to promote reading and/or writing skills. Provide a description of the activity.
Explain how you would adapt this learning experience to be more appropriate for children with four of the following special needs.
• Gifted
• Intellectual disability
• Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
• Speech delayed
• Hearing impairment
• Visual impairment
• Physical disability
• Epilepsy
• Asthma
Scenario 4
As an early childhood educator, imagine that you observe each of the situations below. Fill out the chart below, identifying the most likely cause, the most appropriate preventative guidance technique you, as the teacher, could use, the most appropriate solution that promotes positive self-concept and prosocial behaviors, and the reason why you selected each technique and solution.
1. Mealtime Fight. At age 18 months, highly active Jake climbs out of his high chair long before his meal is finished. Exasperated, his teacher makes him sit at the table until he has eaten all of his food. Soon Jake’s behavior escalates into throwing his food on the floor.
2. Temper Tantrum. Three-year-old Connor falls on the floor and kicks and hits his fists on the floor while he yells. The teacher and three other children are sitting at a table nearby working on puzzles. Connor continues this behavior and looks up every minute or so to see the teacher’s reaction.
3. “Mommy, don’t go!” Four-year-old Angela screams “Mommy, don’t go!” when her mother brings her to the center each morning.
4. Bully. Jenny, a first-grader, is large for her age. When she enters the after-school program each day, she goes around the room pushing the other children and taking toys away from them. No one wants to play with her because of the way she acts.
Cause Guidance Technique Appropriate Solution Reason
Mealtime Fight
Temper Tantrum
“Mommy, don’t go!”
Bully
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Writing Homework
5/4/2016
Writing Tutor: GLENN, Teacher replied 1 year ago
GLENN
GLENN, Teacher
When do you need the answers for this?
Writing Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 1 year ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
CLICK HERE for a resource that will assist on these scenarios. Please be sure to rate when satisfied as that is the only way I receive any credit for my help today.
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree