Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Researchers wanted to explore self-esteem in adolescent boys…

Customer Question
Researchers wanted to explore...

Researchers wanted to explore self-esteem in adolescent boys and adolescent girls. Each respondent completed a 10-item self-esteem scale (they chose one rating for each item from a Likert-type scale, 1 = strongly disagree and 5 = strongly agree). The sum of the 10 ratings was each respondent’s self-esteem score. Their results were: t = 2.01, d = .90 (40 girls, 40 boys).•Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.•Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.•This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.Directions:In an essay of 250-500 words, use the scenario presented in part 1a, above, to thoroughly answer the following questions:1.What statistical test did the researchers use to determine if there was a statistically significant difference in levels of self-esteem between the boys and the girls?2.What was the purpose of calculating a Cohen's d? When is a Cohen's d calculated? Interpret d=.90. What does it mean in this example? 3.What if the researcher compared the adolescent boys before treatment and again after treating them for depression? What type of t-test would be most appropriate in this case, and why?

Tutor's Assistant: The Writing Tutor can help you write a great paper. Is there anything else the Writing Tutor should be aware of?

N no

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Writing Homework
3/8/2016
Writing Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is Greg. Would a model resource on this that was previously completed (that you could use as as a model as you put together your own response and work) sufficient or are you looking for a newly written model only.

Thanks

a previously completed model is fine

I actually had some time and went ahead and compiled a resource to help guide you on this prompt - I think you will find everything you need here to fully answer these questions as you put together into your final essay response.

CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.

Be sure to rate my response positively, when satisfied, so I receive credit for my help today.

**********

What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!