Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

I am a 7th grade student and need a professional to answer…

Customer Question
I am a 7th grade...
I am a 7th grade student and need a professional to answer some questions for me about Asthma. It is for a grade in my science class. I only have ten questions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Writing Homework
1/29/2016
Writing Tutor: lani_s, Bachelor's Degree replied 2 years ago
lani_s
lani_s, Bachelor's Degree

Please post the questions you wanted to ask.

1.How does Asthma affect the lungs
2.What causes Asthma
3.what part of the body does asthma affect
4.what happened when an attack happens
5.can someone get or lose asthma
6.can exercising to much cause an attack
7.what is the most interesting fact about asthma
8.is asthma genetic
9.whats the percentage of people in America with asthma
10.how common is asthma

I presume you just need brief answers to start with, right?

When do you need the answers?

I need the answers by Tuesday

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I won't be able to help.

Writing Tutor: JaySHarrison, Bachelor's Degree replied 2 years ago
JaySHarrison
JaySHarrison, Bachelor's Degree

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a Homework Expert. I have also been a teacher and tutor for over six years. I will gladly assist you with these questions.

Here are your model answers. Please look over them and review each one. When you are done, make sure that the adult that gave you permission to set up this account knows that you have done it. Please ACCEPT and Rate this response, so I can know how to better serve you and others. Thank you, JaySHarrison.

1.How does Asthma affect the lungs?
Asthma affects the bronchial tubes, or airways. When someone breathes normally, air goes in through the nose or mouth and then into the trachea (windpipe), through the bronchial tubes, into the lungs, and finally back out again. But people with asthma have inflamed airways that produce lots of thick mucus.

2.What causes Asthma?
It isn't clear why some people get asthma and others don't, but it's probably due to a combination of environmental and genetic (inherited) factors.

Asthma triggers:

Exposure to various irritants and substances that trigger allergies (allergens) can trigger signs and symptoms of asthma. Asthma triggers are different from person to person and can include:

*Airborne allergens, such as pollen, animal dander, mold, cockroaches and dust mites
*Respiratory infections, such as the common cold
*Physical activity (exercise-induced asthma)
*Cold air
*Air pollutants and irritants, such as smoke
*Certain medications, including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve)
*Strong emotions and stress
*Sulfites and preservatives added to some types of foods and beverages, including shrimp, dried fruit, processed potatoes, beer and wine
*Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition in which stomach acids back up into your throat

3.What part of the body does asthma affect?
Asthma affects the bronchial tubes, or airways, leading to the lungs.

4.What happened when an attack happens?
During an asthma attack, the muscles that surround the bronchial tubes constrict, narrowing the air passages and making it extremely difficult to breathe.

5.Can someone get or lose asthma
Yes SOmeone can lose asthma. One possible region that some out-grow asthma is that their bronchial gets larger as they grow up, giving moer space for free flowing air. Someone that has never had an asthmatic attack, may find themselves at a later age acquiring it. How is this posible. One possibility is that they move to a new area that has an allergin or pollutant they had not been exposed to before.

6.Can exercising to much cause an attack
Yes, as mentioned above, it can cause an attack. It is known as exercise-induced asthma.

7.What is the most interesting fact about asthma?
Approximately 250,000 people die prematurely each year from asthma. Almost all of these deaths are avoidable.

8.Is asthma genetic?
While its causes are still unknown, researchers have determined that asthma can be caused by both hereditary (inherited) and environmental factors. Just because you have a parent with asthma (or an allergy) doesn't mean you'll have it too. But you might inherit the tendency to develop asthma.

9.What is the percentage of people in America with asthma?
The number of people with asthma continues to grow. One in 12 people (about 25 million, or 8% of the U.S. population) had asthma in 2009, compared with 1 in 14 (about 20 million, or 7%) in 2001.

10.How common is asthma?
It is fairly common. Asthma currently affects about 25 million people in the United States, including seven million children. More than half of people with asthma experience at least one asthma attack (a worsening of asthma symptoms) each year.

If you have questions regarding these answers, I will still be availble.