Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Penn journal entries 2 n 3

Customer Question
Penn foster journal entries 2...
Penn foster journal entries 2 n 3
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Writing Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2016
Writing Tutor: F. Naz, Chartered Accountant replied 2 years ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant

Please provide details, thanks.

Journal 2...Required Journal Entry 7: Description and Narration Prewriting Choose a photograph that depicts an important event in your life. Describe:
1. In your journal, make a list of everything you see in the photo. Work from left to right and from the background to the foreground.
2. List two specific, concrete details for each sense that describes your experience of the event as follows:
• Sight
• Sound
• Smell
• Taste
• Touch Compare: Write one fresh, creative comparison (one simile or metaphor) for one of your details . Narrate:
Sketch out the narrative details of your picture.
1. Scene—Where did the event take place?
2. Key actions—What events led up to the one depicted? Did anything significant happen afterward?
3. Key participants—Who is depicted in your photo?
4. Key lines of dialogue—What was being said at the time? By whom?
5. Feelings—What were you feeling at the time the photo was taken?
[11:28AM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 8: Description and Narration
Write: Using the details you collected in Journal Entry 7, write the story to accompany the photo. Be sure that your story has a clear beginning, middle, and end, and that you use your dia- logue and descriptive elements effectively to convey your feelings to your reader. (3 paragraphs, 6 sentences)
Reflect: Does your photo tell an audience everything they would need to know about this event? What does your story provide that your picture can’t? Is the saying, “A picture is worth a thou- sand words” true? (Length open)
[3:21PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 9: Comparison and Contrast
Brainstorm: Make a list of all the things you write each day such as texts, status updates, tweets, emails, reports, essays, and so on. Include all the people you write to or for such as friends, family, supervisors, instructors, clients, and so on.
Organize: Rearrange the items into two groups that represent formal writing and informal writing and the audiences who receive each.
Write: Compare and contrast the style of writing you use when you write to friends and family with the style you use when you write to your coworkers, supervisors, or instructors. How does your interaction with your audience change? Describe the differences in your tone and your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. (2 paragraphs, 6 sentences)
[3:23PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 10: Definition
Read the definition of plagiarism, including deliberate and accidental plagiarism, on page 150 in The Little, Brown Essential Handbook.
Define: Prior to reading the definition in the textbook, what did you believe plagiarism meant? Explain where your definition matched or fell short of the textbook’s definition. (1 paragraph, 6 sentences)
Reflect: How does this knowledge change the way you approach your coursework? (1 paragraph, 6 sentences)
[3:27PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 11: Cause and Effect
Brainstorm: List the causes that made you decide to return to school. Then add the short-term effects your decision has had on your life in the present. Finally, include the long-term effects you hope your decision will have on your future.
Organize: Review the graphic organizers from pages 481–482 in your Successful College Writing textbook. Choose the organizer that you think would best present the information you brain- stormed to an audience of your fellow Penn Foster classmates and arrange your content using that format. Remember to include a thesis statement in your graphic organizer. (Length open)
[3:30PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 12: Evaluation
Review the patterns of development that you’ve learned and used in your essays and journal entries in this unit. Explain how each of these patterns of development or organizational methods will be useful to you in your upcoming courses and your future career. (Length open)
Journal 3... Required Journal Entry 13: Evaluating Your Sources
Describe when it’s appropriate to use sources in an essay. Why is it important to differentiate between facts, opinions, and bias when choosing sources for your research? (2 paragraphs, 6-8 sentences each)
[3:34PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 14: Organizing Your Information
Review page 606–611 in Successful College Writing. Describe at least two ways to organize your information effectively. Choose the method that would work best for you and explain why. (2 paragraphs, 6 sentences each)
Reflect: Take a look back to your response to Journal Entry 10. Briefly describe what counts as plagiarism. When is it appropriate to cite information? What information doesn’t need to be cited? (1 paragraph, 6–8 sentences)
[3:35PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 15: Using Your Sources Responsibly
Review the definitions of direct quotation, paraphrase, and summary in Chapters 22 and 23 in Successful College Writing and in Chapter 39 in The Little, Brown Essential Handbook. In your own words, define these terms. Then explain the most effective use of each of these three types of sources. (2 paragraphs, 6–8 sentences each)
[3:37PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 16: Planning Your Argument
Study the argument essay topics on page 167–168 in your digital study guide and choose your topic for your argument. This journal entry will help you begin to plan, research, and organize your paper. Please note that both topics are very broad, so you should narrow your chosen topic appropriately to suit your purpose and interest as well as the research and length requirements.
Review “The Basic Parts of an Argument” on pages 514–520 in Successful College Writing. Once you’ve chosen your topic and identified your issue (516), you need to develop support. According to your text, the three common types of support for an argument are “reasons, evidence, and emotional appeals” (517).
I. State your claim
A. Identify the type of claim (fact, value or policy).
B. Explain your purpose or goal for your research paper.
II. Identify your reasons
A. Reason 1
B. Reason 2
C. Reason 3
III. Start your research to develop support for your claim (provide at least two examples of each):
A. Support your reasons with evidence
1. Facts*
2. Statistic*
3. Expert opinions*
4. Examples*
5. Personal Experiences
B. Identify your emotional appeals
1. Appeal to needs
2. Appeal to values
* Cite your sources using MLA citation and documentation format (i.e., parenthetical citations and a list of works cited).
To research effectively and efficiently, use the Expanded Academic ASAP database in Penn Foster’s digital library. For more information about using Expanded Academic ASAP or other library resources, visit https://community.pennfoster.edu/docs/DOC-57990.
[3:38PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 17: Recognizing Your Opposition
Identify and define the three ways you can recognize opposing views in your argument. In your own words, explain why it’s valuable to include the opposition in your essay. (1 paragraph, 6 sentences)
Reflect: Read Lisa Hamilton’s “Eating Meat for the Environment” and review the graphic organiz- ers on pages 554 and 556–557. In your opinion, does acknowledging Dr. Pachauri’s opposing viewpoint strengthen or weaken Hamilton’s argument?
[3:40PM, 1/17/2016] jan sav: Required Journal Entry 18: Course Reflection
Reflect: Review your journal, starting with your first entry and the learning inventory. Reflect on how knowing who you are as a learner has helped you with the course activities. Consider your progress as a writer through each journal entry and essay. How has your writing changed since you started the course? Identify the improvements you’ve made and the skills you still need to practice. (3 paragraphs, 6 sentences each)
Evaluate: What goals did you set for yourself at the beginning of this course? Did you accom- plish everything you hoped? Explain what you would have done differently, and describe the approach to writing you’ll use in your future assignments. (2 paragraphs, 6 sentences each)

Can u please provide the exact file from which you have copied the material because it is not visible in an appropiate matter here as well as also mention the deadline, thanks.

Format: Use the exam submission instructions already given, except that you should single- space your journal. Use double spacing between entries only. First, type the date, hit Tab once (one-half inch), and type in capital boldface letters the word ENTRY, followed by the number and name of that entry. Hit Enter once, and then type in and underline the first part label followed by your writing for that part.
Course Journal
Your course journal isn’t just a series of examinations, it’s also record of your progress through English Composition. As you complete the 18 journal entries, you’ll have the opportunity to test the stages of the writing process, practice different methods of organizing your essays, and evaluate your progress in the course. All the journal entries are included in your digital study guide; each entry corresponds to the assigned reading in your textbooks.
The journal serves as the final exam. The three journal exams will count for 33% of your final grade. Remember the following objectives as you work on each journal.
• Identify the steps in the writing process.
• Use prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing to write formal, college-level essays.
• Distinguish among different patterns of development.
• Apply an appropriate pattern of development to a specific purpose and audience.
• Write effective thesis statements.
• Develop paragraphs using topic sentences, adequate detail, supporting evidence, and transitions.
• Define plagiarism and academic honesty.
• Employ responsible research methods to locate appropriate secondary sources.
• Quote, paraphrase, and summarize secondary source material correctly and appropriately.
• Use Modern Language Association citation and documentation style to reference second- ary source material correctly and appropriately.
• Apply the conventions of standard written American English to produce correct, well- written essays.
Directions: Read each entry assignment carefully. Some entries are based on textbook exercises for which the pages are given. Most entries require multiple parts to be considered complete. For example, you might have to complete both a prewriting and a thesis. Assignments generally include a minimum length, a range, or a general format (such as one paragraph). A few assignments allow you to choose the length and format to accomplish the required work. The guidelines list the minimum amount of work you may produce, but you should continue writing until you complete your thoughts.
The course journal is divided into three parts made up of six entries each. At the end of each course unit, you’ll submit your journal for evaluation. Therefore, you’ll submit your journals
• After you complete Lesson 3
• After you complete Lesson 7
• After you complete the course
01/24

Will you provide the photograph for Journal 2 requirement or I will have to find myself, thanks.

This one is your personal picture how will I know the details of this which needs to be answered, please explain, thanks.

My first day out after surgery
Write anything, it doesn't matter

So Can I select some another picture?

u can

Okay, I am sending you the total offer for all the assignment, please accept it so I can start working on your assignments, thanks.

Can the price be lower

I could provide the answer for $330 in total, please let me know if you need the answer, thanks..