Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

On July 12, Mrs. had severe pain in the left side of her

Customer Question

On July 12, Mrs. Smith had severe pain in the left side of her head while at work. She was not speaking coherently and eventually lost consciousness for a few minutes. She was taken to her physician’s office by a co-worker. Mrs. Smith’s physician suggested that she get some imaging tests at the hospital’s outpatient imaging center to rule out a transient ischemic attack. A medical assistant at the imaging center told Mrs. Smith that her tests could not be scheduled until July 14.
Mrs. Smith arrived early on July 14 for her imaging test. On her arrival to the imaging center, a medical assistant told Mrs. Smith, “I am sorry, but we cannot perform your test. Your doctor faxed us an unsigned and undated order sheet. It is confusing to us what imaging studies he wants. He checked a box on the physician’s order sheet indicating that he wanted a CT scan of the head. In addition, there was a handwritten note on the form indicating that your physician wants an MRI to rule out a transient ischemic attack. We are not sure if he wants one or both tests. You will have to get clarification from the physician as to exactly what procedure he wants.” Mr. Smith, after having parked his wife’s car, arrived at the front desk and saw his wife somewhat distressed. The medical assistant explained the problem. Mrs. Smith asked the medical assistant, “Could you please contact the physician and ask him to clarify and fax back to the center exactly what tests he wants?” The medical assistant replied, “We are very busy; however, you can use our phone and ask the physician to clarify his order and have him fax us a new order.” Mr. Smith replied, “What is your fax number?” The medial assistant (pointing to the wall) replied, “It is posted there on the wall by the phone. You can use that phone.” The medical assistant suggested that Mrs. Smith could complete the patient intake paperwork while Mr. Smith contacted the physician. Mr. Smith was able to get a new faxed order.
1. Describe the ethical issues involved in this case in detail, making sure to reference your textbook and the ANA Code of Ethics (as if this were a Generalized Nursing Issue).
2.Describe the legal concepts involved in this case, as you have learned throughout this course from your readings and assigned work throughout the semester. Be sure to tie in your generalized knowledge of nursing and medical care.
3.What are your generalized reactions to this case, if this were you... or your Mom, Dad, child... ?
4.Suppose you were the medical assistant at the desk, how would you have handled this situation? Support your answer by explaining your ethical and moral duties, and incorporating your ethical lens inventory results.
Category: Writing Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that possible if you can use LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES (by Pozgar 3rd ed.) text book and ANA to include ethical concepts?
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need it. Can you send me by tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any answer.

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today is the due date.