Judy Bailey
Judy Bailey,
Experience:  Teacher at Sonoma County Schools
46206387

ANY Expert .Urgent please. paralegal course

Customer Question

.Urgent please. I am in a paralegal course and I need an appellate brief for the sam kant case....but I need to reference a case in Missouri...I need the correct formatting for briefs in my state....I did horribly when I attempted it,,,i enclosed a copy

Category: Writing Homework
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
added file
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you can look at what I tried to do...and help correct it...how long will it be
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there has been a lot of people that have got answers on this same Sam Kant petit larceny homework assignment....I live in Missouri,,,and the appellate brief that I attatched I did very bad...scored a 30%...I was told I only cited rules and not case....and other things I missed the make on...the did say that the case that I referenced could be used...I just didn't do a god job
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am requesting help from M. Kennedy if possibleneed help with appellate brief for the following. Review the Customer Questionneed help with appellate brief for the following. Review the fact pattern provided below. At this time, Mr. Kant stands convicted of either petit larceny or shoplifting, as dictated by Louisiana statutes, and your office has been hired to handle the appeal. Based on your lessons and reading material regarding legal analysis and writing, legal research, legal citation and appellate procedure, prepare the appellate brief based on relevant statutory and case law from your state of residence (Louisiana). Proper format is outlined in Basics of Legal Document Preparation and detailed in Louisiana court rules, formbooks, etc.Thoroughly research the issues involved and address the statute/s from your state under which Mr. Kant would be charged and convicted. Locate at least one binding opinion upon which to base your arguments and apply the opinion in a thorough and concise manner. You should also apply any relevant secondary authority that might be used in support of your arguments. In completing this assignment, please focus on demonstrating your research, analysis, citation and writing skills over format of the brief.Bear in mind that you do not have access to the trial court record for this assignment, which would not be the case in an actual law office setting. Therefore, you may embellish the facts as necessary to fully develop your arguments. Use care, however, not to allow those embellishments to change the issues involved.FACTS: Sam Kant, stands convicted of shoplifting/petit larceny (as dictated by your state statutes) from Bilmart, a national department store. At his wife’s request, Mr. Kant went to Bilmart on Wednesday, ______, 20___, and purchased a case of six 4 oz. cans of Hoover’s Baked Beans with Bacon. Upon returning home, his wife chastised him for once again failing to purchase what she had requested. Apparently, Mrs. Kant can’t stand the taste of Hoover’s Beans, but is very fond of the Handell’s brand, and was planning to serve them to her book club when she hosted them for lunch the following afternoon. Mrs. Kant ordered her husband to return to Bilmart to exchange the Hoover’s beans for Handell’s Beans.
Upon arrival at the store early the next morning, Mr. Kant found that the line for customer service was extremely long due to Bilmart’s annual sponsorship of a major community food drive. In an effort to save time, and thinking the line might be shorter upon his return, Mr. Kant placed the case of Hoover’s beans into a shopping cart, made his way through the store to the bean shelf, and then added the Handell’s beans to the cart. However, upon his return, the line had not diminished and it was obvious that Sam would be waiting a considerable amount of time to formalize the exchange. Fearing the wrath of his wife should he not return in time for lunch, Sam placed the case of Hoover’s beans inside a cart filled with what appeared to be merchandise returns in need of re-stocking. With the desired Handell’s beans in the shopping cart, Mr. Kant then proceeded to the store’s exit. As he neared the doors, Mr. Kant was approached and detained by store security, who witnessed Sam’s actions, and police were called to the store. Apparently, the cart into which Sam had placed the Hoover’s Beans did not contain returned items to be shelved, but rather, donations to the Bilmart Community Food Drive. Officers Kopp and Slickman questioned Mr. Kant and then cited him for Shoplifting.
please note that is reside in the state of Missouri and need to site a case from my state...I have attatched an example of what I tried to submit...but scored very badly...Category: Writing Homework
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Adding more information for the Expert.
Expert:  Judy Bailey replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your patience.
The moderator has asked me to look at your question to see if I can help. I am not a legal expert, but I am a researcher. I have found the form for submitting briefs in Missouri. My concern is "legalese" ... I don't speak it. If I can get the form in shape, can you alter the language?
Or, if language is not a concern, I can do my best to complete the brief.
Also, when do you need this returned to you?
Hoping we can work something out ... Judy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a way that you could look up Kennedy's answers and then look at what I turned in and see if you can work something out of it?
I can try that. Looks like I can get some help from Kennedy.
However, midnight may not be possible. I have one other project ahead of this one.
Is there a later day and/or time?
What do you think? Can you get an extension?
I'll be away from the computer for a couple of hours. Let me know how you wish to proceed.
Judy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The latest is Sunday midnight.
Excellent ... I'll try to get it done by Saturday so that you can go over it.
Judy
Do you have a copy of the comments made on the one you turned in?
I do not have access to Westlaw and you need cases from Missouri to be briefed.
If you can search for "theft" "petit larceny" "Missouri" perhaps you can find some cases which can be used. Two may be sufficient.
Unless you can provide some cases,and the requirements of this question have grown substantially, I will need to opt out since without the necessary resources, I cannot confidently answer it.
I will wait one hour and then opt out in case there is another expert who can assist.
Judy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi, can you wait
Yes, but it is getting close to your deadline.
Are you finding the cases?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Case cited wherein i didn't do it right, can you please check the attachment and make a argument or improve it so I can 75%. Professor said I didn't make an argument i am just citing cases. it did not say that I have to reference two.
Um, if I am following Mary's work correctly, you need to brief some similar cases in order to prove your case. I can't improve an argument where there is no case cited.
I understand that no specific number was given as to the number of cases you need, but one case will usually not complete your argument.
Do you have access to Westlaw? Also the case is from New York. You need Missouri.
I'll recheck your attachment and get back to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I provide you my Westlaw access?. can I send it to customer service so they can send you that info? or is that something that's not allowed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It really isn't allowed. Sorry.
Expert:  Mac-cssm replied 2 years ago.
hi, can you still answer the homework
I am trying ... I was given permission to register at westlaw, but after spending a good deal of time registering, it said the password ***** gave me was already in use.
I simply do not know what to do. I will brief the one case you gave me. Do you want me to brief the New York case too?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you familiar with West Law?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my user name cjohnson7812 or Cjohnson7812
email address***@******.***
new passcode Nicole7812westlaw sigin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to log in?
Not at all. I was able to log in, and go to westlaw next, but that is when it said the signin was in use.
I am very sorry, but I have tried to help you all day, and I must admit defeat.
The one case you have has to do with stealing guns, and the value of them is way above a class C felony as your case was.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tell me if you can't log on to west law since i can't reply because i'm having technical difficulties. Customer service is replying on my behalf. just do the best that you can with the reference i gave so at least i can get 75%
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you find another case?
I have been looking. I think you need to find the case. I am so slow at it that it will take me all night.
The reference you gave had to do with stealing expensive guns ... not even close to your case ... and his appeal was denied.
The only information I could find there that you might use is this
"the jury should have been instructed that they could consider whether Defendant’s actions were justified under the circumstances"
Again, my apologies. I was really trying to help.
I have to give up. So sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you not do the New York case or the case you asked me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
new Expert