Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Suppose that you have been alerted of a potential incident

Customer Question

Suppose that you have been alerted of a potential incident involving a suspected worm spreading via buffer overflow techniques, compromising Microsoft IIS Web servers. As the IR Team leader, it is your responsibility to determine the next steps. Write
a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you: Explain in detail the initial steps that would need to be made by you and the IR team in order to respond to this potential incident. Construct a process-flow diagram that illustrates the process of determining
the incident containment strategy that would be used in this scenario, and identify which containment strategy would be appropriate in this case, through the use of graphical tools in Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically
depicted solution is not included in the required page length. Construct a process flow diagram to illustrate the process(es) for determining if / when notification of the incident should be relayed to upper management, and explain how those communications
should be structured and relayed through the use of graphical tools in Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length. Detail the incident recovery processes for the resolution
of this incident. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Category: Writing Homework
Expert:  Gnaritas replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am unable to complete this assignment. I will open the question up for another expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gnaritas. How are you? No one has gotten back to me about my assignment and I'm worried. Please help me. Thanks