Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

This question is for Gnaritas:Below is an assignment that

This question is for Gnaritas: Below...
This question is for Gnaritas:

Below is an assignment that requires an answer before 3:00 pm on 10/30/2013, please advise if you can or cannot assist. Thanks.

Resource: “Over 30 Workers Trapped After Chilean Copper Mine Collapse” article found in the Electronic Reserve Readings

Research additional articles and information about the Chilean mine collapse.

Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper using this and other articles as a resource. Because communications must be designed with the audience in mind, answer the following questions:

• What are some considerations to remember given the different roles and people in the audience?

o What would be the potential needs of the families of the miners in receiving a message about this incident?
o What would be the potential needs of the company’s employees when receiving a message about this incident?

• What actions must you take before and after the message is delivered to ensure that it was received as intended?

Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.

Draft two communications from the mining company announcing the accident, using what you have learned about the audience and effective messages. One communication should be directed to the families of the trapped miners and the other as an internal news release to employees in the company. For both, identify the most appropriate channel—face-to-face, e-mail, video, memo, and so on
10/28/2013
Angela--Mod
Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.
Gnaritas
Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree
I'll take care of it.

Here's the assignment: https://app.box.com/s/g3gztkcvbqpxfeq9tg09

If you need help again please let me know? Have a nice day.

Gnaritas
Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree

Attachment: 2013-10-31_232419_rough_draft_outline.doc

I enclosed the outline rough draft, please let me know if you have questions.

Hi Pat, please describe the assignment to me: what is needed? What day and time is the assignment due? Is there any additional information needed to complete it? Have a nice day.

Gnaritas,

The question is to write a debate paper on the topic, “Should teachers and security staff be allowed to carry guns on school grounds?” My argument on the debate would be teachers and security should have the option to carry guns on school grounds if trained and qualified.

I enclosed a rough draft of the outline, all other information were previously stated in the first email. If you can provide an answer by 6pm on Sunday, 11/03/2013. Thanks.

Gnaritas,

I am resending the additional information for the queston;

Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word debate paper in which the team creates a debate of a current event or other controversial topic and provides an analysis of arguments presented for both sides. Complete the following in the paper:

• Introduction: Introduce the issue that is the subject of the debate

• Body

• Include a minimum of two but no more than four arguments for the pro and con sides of the debate.

• Evaluate any potential ethical, moral, or legal issues.

• Cite specific career competencies that are helpful or can be used in debate.

• Conclusion

• Identify the team’s determination of the more persuasive argument.

• Reflect on the arguments presented and reveal the team’s consensus.

• Base the conclusion solely on the pro and con arguments.

• Include a rebuttal of weaker arguments.

• Explain why the selected arguments were more persuasive.

Cite at least three sources.

Select one of the following countries:

• India

• Japan

• Brazil

Create a 350- to 500-word cultural evaluation in which you identify the ways that arguments or presentation of the arguments would need to be changed as the result of cultural differences in the country.

Format the evaluation consistent with APA guidelines

Okay, what day and times is the assignment due?

Gnaritas,

The latest time is 6pm est., Monday November 3rd. Please advise if can answer by then. Thanks.

Gnaritas,

Below is the first group debate on the assignment, their argument is teachers and security staff should not have guns on school grounds.

There is a lot of debate on whether or not teachers should be able to carry a firearm on school grounds; however, when you break it down the answer is pretty simple. When you think school, you should be thinking a safe environment for children to get their education. When you think of a gun, you should think of violence or danger. What do you want best for your child?

Schools should be a safe place for children to get their education however; adding guns to the picture no longer makes a school a safe place. Kenneth S Trump stated, “The vast majority of teachers want to be armed with textbook and computers, not guns” (“National School Safety and Services”, 1996-2013). Teachers carrying guns can cause the children to feel in harm’s way, uncomfortable and distracted from their education. Younger children may feel frightened when they see their teacher holding a gun because they will think they are in an unsafe environment and the older children may become defensive. By allowing teachers to carry a gun you are distracting the students from learning. If you have a teacher standing in front of the classroom with a gun on their hip, you as the student are going to pay more attention to that gun then what the teacher is trying to teach you. Also, if a teacher has a gun then the student may feel in harm’s way or always be on the lookout waiting for something “bad” to happen which again is distracting the student from learning. According to “Debate. Org” (2013), “you have individuals expressing how students are able to get guns easier now and if their teacher has one they can easily break into where their teacher is holding the gun and take it or even take the gun by force.” If a student was able to get a hold of teacher’s gun you are opening up a can of worms, full of curiosity. Children are always curious to try out new things therefore, imagine if a child got a hold of a loaded gun. You are waiting for an accident to happen.

Teachers are taught to educate and protect our children not put our children’s lives in danger. Many people think that teachers can also carry a firearm and use that to the best of their ability if and when they need too however, all that is going to cause is an up roar. Teachers are trained adequately enough to use a firearm nor are they in the correct mindset to use a firearm like our police officers are. Kenneth S. Trump states, “Police officers train their entire careers and enter a traffic stop and individual encounter with a preparedness and life-safety mindset that is different from the professional training and mindset of educators” (“National School Safety and Services”, 1996-2013). Police officers are always being trained how to handle situations as they arise however, teachers are not. Police officers know whether or not someone may be a dangerous individual or if the individual is simply into mischief but our teachers may not know the difference. Trump states, “school districts setting policy to allow teachers and school staff to be armed with guns take an enormous amount of responsibility and potential liability” (“National School Safety and Services”, 1996-2013). There are responsibilities like how the school district will handle and accidental shooting, how will the school district prevent and manage situation where teachers and or staff members loose or misplace their firearm and what type of firearms and how big of a firearm are the staff allowed to carry? All these responsibilities and more is what our people, voters, school board etc need to take into consideration. It is easier to hire a police officer or an armed security guard to stand on school grounds versus possibly causing more conflict between schools and firearms.

We need to protect our children and do what is best for our children and that is NOT allowing our teachers carry a firearm on school ground. By allowing our teachers or school staff carry a firearm on school ground we are going to distract the students, make the students feel in harms way and uncomfortable. If the school feels like they need to allow teachers to carry a firearm then the school needs to look into other resources such as a police officer on campus or a security guard. Individuals who are trained to handle firearms there whole career not just a few hours. We want schools to continue to be a safe place for our children to learn.

References:

Debate.org. (2013). Retrieved from http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-teachers-and-principals-be-allowed-to-conceal-and-carry

National School Safety and Security Services. (1996-2013). Retrieved from http://www.schoolsecurity.org/trends/arming_teachers.html

I'll take care of it.

Gnaritas
Gnaritas
Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree