Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
65126503

Sample Cybersecurity ProfileSubmit an Information Security

Sample Cybersecurity Profile

Submit an Information Security Profile for your organization. This project requires you to summarize the required controls and describe the security posture of your organization based on its selected information security standard. Your submission should not exceed 3 to 4 pages.

By when do you need this completed?

Also, does the profile have to be based on a specific standard such as NIST 800-53?

Thanks,

David.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My apologies David. When I initially submitted this question, I was directing it to Mr. Steve Herrod. However, I submitted this question under the wrong category. I am requesting that Steve Herrod resolve this question. Thank you for your consideration.

-Emily

No problem. I will opt out so he can respond.

David.
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've already found another professional to help: Mr. Steve Herrod. He stated that the question was answered by another professional-who has since opted out of the question per my request. I was hoping that Mr. Steve Herrod help me with this since I have worked with him previously an this is who I wish to deal with, specifically. He (Mr. Herrod) stated that he will be able to help once the question becomes available to him. Please ensure that Mr. Steve Herrod is the only person that answers the question.

I'll be happy to help with this - can you let me know when this is required?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sunday 2359

No problem - just to confirm this is for Department of Veterans Affairs?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Below are the rest of the specifics:

1. Read NIST Special Publication 800-53A Rev 1, June 2012, Guide for Assessing the Security Controls in Federal Information Systems and Organizations, Building Effective Security Assessment Plans.

2. Review the sample System Security Plan template provided by your instructor.

3. Select one management, one technical, and one operational control that applies to your selected organization (i.e., Risk Assessment - RA).

4. Describe each control. Include why these controls (and family controls) are required.

5. For each management, technical, and operational control, select three to five family controls (Vulnerability Scanning – RA-5).

6. Describe each family control, state the implementation status as it relates to your selected organization's security program, and describe how your selected organization implements the control.

7. Write your sample cyber security profile. At a minimum, the profile should include:

a. An introduction that includes the purpose of your paper and introduces security profiles as they relate to your selected organization

b. An analysis section that includes items 3, 4, 5, and 6 above

c. A conclusion that summarizes what you wrote

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also. Please check out the attached template as this is how the document should follow.

Attachment: 2013-09-27_232917_800-53_ssp_template_example-1.docx

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX with you asap.

Cheers

Steve
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Experience: Masters in Literature and a Bachelors Degree in French with Management
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You so much Steve. Always a pleasure!

No problem, you are welcome!

Cheers

Steve

Saw your other request come through but it's in the Powerpoint/Writing Homework categories at present. Will be able to complete it if the category is changed.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I change the category and what do I need to change it to.

Thanks.

I can see you've requested me on that question so it should be moved soon and I'll be able to respond from there hopefully.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. I am standing by.

No problem :)