jadt65
jadt65, Freelance Writer
Experience:  Professional freelance writer, editor, and writing coach
71423921

demonstrate you level of self awareness by

demonstrate you level of self awareness by describing how your professional experiences might influence your way of working as a counsellor with jane How would you answer this and can you make me understand the question, so i am not just putting in your advice without understanding, that would be silly Karen

Hello. I am a moderator for this topic. Your requested professional is no longer available. I have marked your question high priority and opened it to all the professionals for this topic. You will receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Angela

Can you provide some clarification about "Jane", ie. what are her presenting issues?

Best,

Julie

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Janes presenting problem is that she is faced with a heart condition. she had a heart murmer 10 years ago and was not a big issue as there was no treatment required. she has now gone for a routine check up and may need an operation or meds all her life. she is very concerned about a potential op as she is worried about anastetic also not keen on meds for the rest of her life but at the end of the day if she had a choice she would go for meds. it isn't a certaity of anything until test results come back. she is worried about not being able to see her aging parents as much and how she will cope if there has to be lifestyle changes for her, she loves exercise and doesn't drink or smoke and finds it unfair. she is showing signs of anxiety and depression. a cousellor has come in to chat with her. i have answered all the other questions except this one i have presented to you. if you know dr z he has been chatting with me previously and knows the history

thanks

Karen

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

has anyone been assigned to this question?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have not recieved a thing, still waiting

Thanks for your response. There appears to be a lag on the site and I just saw it. Do you want a paper on this or just an explanation of the answer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

whatever works

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you understand what i need

Karen

I cannot access your answer history, so this is a general answer to the question.

1. A counselor who has worked in medical settings (ie. hospitals) is likely to take a combination of a psycho-educational and insight oriented/rational emotive counseling approach because of the counselor's knowledge and experience working with people trying to cope with the emotions associated with finding out they have a potential life-altering medical condition.

2. A counselor who works from a CBT approaching will focus on reframing the patients thought's, shifting the patients perspective from being a victim (why me?) to one of empowerment, (I am in great physical condition so I can handle this)

3. A solution orientated counselor would work w/ the client to develop means of dealing with anxiety, and developing with a plan to ensure her parents have access to what they need.

4. A counselor who has had a negative experience with a particular approach on multiple occasions is likely not likely to repeat it .

I hope that helps you answer the question. Please let me know of this helps, or if I need to provide different or more in-depth information.

If this answer provides all you need, please remember to accept this answer and rate my service.

Best,

Julie

jadt65, Freelance Writer
Experience: Professional freelance writer, editor, and writing coach