Topic: Guidelines for Initial Agreement on the Strategic Process
1. Select an organization with which you are familiar for use in this Application. (Any healthcare
2. Consider which of the guidelines might be most helpful to begin the strategic planning process in the organization you selected.
•Choose 3 “process guidelines” for Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organizations that you believe are most critical to obtaining an initial agreement on the strategic planning process for the organization you selected.
Here are the choices:
1. Someone must initiate and champion the process
2. Decide whether or not a detailed, jointly negotiated initial agreement is needed
3. It maybe desirable for the initiators to do a quick assessment of the "readiness" of the organization to engage in strategic planning.
4. Some person or group must sponsor the process to give it legitimacy.
5. Form a strategic planning team.
•Explain why you chose these 3 process guidelines. •Briefly explain how you would address each of the 3 process guidelines.
•Briefly explain any ethical considerations you might consider or that you should think about related to identifying and working with stakeholders in the strategic planning process for your organization.