Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

Impact of Legislation on the Department of Veterans Affairs

I need a project done...

I need a project done on the Impact of Legislation on the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Research paper should be at least two full pages, single spaced, 1-inch margins, New Times Roman 12-Pitch font, include a cover page (name, course number, date, title of paper) and a reference page. The cover page and reference page are not included in the two-page minimum.  Must have at least three (3) sources, correctly formatted per APA guidelines. 

1. Review the May 2011 Cyber Security Legislative Proposal and the proposed Cyber Security Act of 2012. http://veterans.house.gov/112th-congress-legislation

2. Review the Department of Veterans Affairs's information security program.

3. Select three (3) to five (5) points of analysis from the proposal (see #1). Your points of analysis must be specific items from the legislative proposal or the legislation, which if became law, would impose cyber security requirements on your selected organization.

4. Research the impacts of Dept of Veterans Affairs information security program.

5.  At a minimum, the paper should include:

a) An introduction that includes the purpose of your paper and describing your selected organization

b) The Points of Analysis section that describes your points and why you picked them

c) The Analysis section relating your Points of Analysis with your research and your organization's information security program d) A conclusion that summarizes what you wrote

Organization

Web Site

Strategic Plan

Information Security Program

Program Evaluation Report

Department of Veterans Affairs

http://www.va.gov

http://www.va.gov/op3/Docs/StrategicPlanning/VA_2010_2014_Strategic_Plan.pdf

http://www1.va.gov/vapubs/viewPublication.asp?Pub_ID=56

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10727t.pdf

Qualities & Criteria

Excellent (5)

Introduction

Title; Objective or Thesis; Problem statement; Topic.

weight: 5% of assignment grade

a.    The writer introduces the topic and its relevance to (1) the discipline; and (2) the chosen audience. The introduction lays groundwork for the direction of the assignment.

b.    Thesis or objective is clearly stated and appropriately focused.

c.    Main idea stands along with details.

d.   The title is appropriate and adequately describes the topic.

Points of Analysis

Structure; Flow; Organization and Development

weight: 15% of assignment grade

a.    The paper includes five (5) points of analysis.

b.    Ideas are clear, original, and focused. Main idea stands along with details.

c.    Sufficient information included. Information clearly relates to the main relates to the main thesis. It includes several supporting details and/or examples.

d.   Sentences and paragraphs clearly and effectively relate to and support the thesis.

e.   Writer provides examples and quotes that answer the reader’s questions and add depth to the writer’s ideas.

Conclusions

Synthesis of ideas.

weight: 10% of assignment grade

a.    The writer makes succinct and precise conclusions based on the review of literature.

b.    Insights into the problem/topic are appropriate.

c.    Conclusions are strongly supported within the assignment.

Research and Analysis

Weaving together literature through assignment that provide exploration/explanation

weight: 50% of assignment grade

a.    The writer covers the appropriate content in depth without being redundant.

b.    The writer cites sources when specific statements are made.

c.    The significance of quotes, when used, is apparent.

d.   The length is appropriate.

e.    Ideas are clear, original, and focused. Main idea stands out, along with details.

f.     Ideas in the assignment are compelling, even original; they are not self-evident.

Clarity and Correctness of the Writing

weight: 10% of assignment grade

a.    The writing is clear and concise.

b.    There are less than 10 mistakes in grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation.

c.    The writing does not ramble; the assignment is carefully written and edited.

Sources & Citations & Proper APA Format

weight: 10% of assignment grade

a.    The writer includes at least three (3) citations in the body of the review.

b.    The references in the list match the in-text citations and all are properly cited in APA style.

c.    Numerous sources are cited. All sources are accurately documented.

d.   Accurately adheres to APA style in formatting, organization, and construction, including full review of relevant literature.

e.    There is consistent use of people-first, non-discriminatory language.

f.     The majority of sources are scholarly and cited correctly in both text and reference list.

g.   Personal opinions are delayed and stated succinctly in the conclusion.

8/25/2013
Angela--Mod

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

HI,

I would like to use Steven Herrod. I used him in the past and he is really good. thank you

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree
Hi, I'll be happy to help with this - I've done this assignment previously and it is attached below:

https://www.box.com/shared/hjd3vzi6kxxgc80b3wdt

Would that work as a model?

Cheers

Steve

Hi and thank you for the QUICK response. Smile. However there were specific points that needed to be addressed. they are,

"Protecting the American People",

" Protecting our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure",

" Protecting Federal Government Computers and Networks"

" New Framework to Protect Individuals’

Privacy and Civil Liberties".

This is where the 3-5 points of proposal analyses come
from. I think you address one of the three already.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Steve,

Please click on the link below, this will assist your with the 3-5 points to expound on. thank you

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/fact_sheet-administration_cybersecurity_legislative_proposal.pdf

OK, will check when back in front of my laptop later.

When is the assignment due?

Cheers

Steve

Its not due until Thursday but I would like to have a chance to review it. Thank you.

No problem, will work to have this with you for tomorrow

Cheers

Steve
I've reviewed the document again and three items are covered from the points of proposal as below:

· Privacy and Civil Liberty amendments – New Framework to Protect Individuals’ Privacy and Civil Liberties

· Data Centers – Protecting Federal Government Computers & Networks

· Shared security professionals – Protecting our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure

Let me know if that makes sense, do you want me to rework the document?

Cheers

Steve

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree

Yes sir,

However I only need 3 of the 5 points. Thank you.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but in the document I originally attached these 3 points are covered:

New Framework to Protect Individuals’ Privacy and Civil Liberties (section concerning privacy and civil liberty amendments)

Protecting Federal Government Computers & Networks (section concerning Data Centers)

Protecting our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure (section concerning Shared Security Professionals)

So the document I sent through meets the necessary requirements - are you going to use it as a model or do I need to rework it at all?

Cheers

Steve

Steven,

You completed an assignment for me about 2 weeks ago. However I was questioned about the assignment. It was sent to turnitin to check for plagarism. I don't know the score that was given but i was told that it was high. Any suggestions? was the paper you completed for me from a previous work? Please advise.

As outlined the paper sent had been completed before and covered all the requirements

Would that work as a model?

Cheers

Steve

Sir,

Thank you for your response. however I just want to know that if the paper that you wrote for me, was it orginal or was it from a previous work that you completed for another person in the past?

It's a model assignment that has been sent out previously for people to put into their own words.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the info. but I really wish you had told me that earlier. Now I may be in trouble.

That was explained initially as I stated it was an assignment I had completed previously and could be used as a model.

Hi Steve I've been given another chance to complete the assignment above, however I need it to be authentic. I will pay, can you assist me? I need it ASAP.

I could write it from scratch but wouldn't be able to get this to you until early Friday AM.

Let me know if that works

Cheers

Steve
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree