Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

Can I have this by midnight?

i) Make a 3-column chart...

i) Make a 3-column chart with the following titles: Observation, Reflection, and Recommendation. Using your notes from your practicum experience, complete the columns according to the following: (1) In the Observation column, write that which you observed in terms of instructional practice, behavior interventions and modifications, and systems. Be thorough and complete in your observations. (2) In the Reflection column, write your reflection in terms of whether or not you believe this instruction, behavior, or system to be effective. Do this for each observation you make. Support your opinion with information you have gained from this course (readings, discussion forum, etc.). (3) In the Recommendation column, discuss what you would recommend in terms of improving that which you observed (be specific). Use the course readings and discussion forum to inform this recommendation. ii) APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.

11/22/2012
Jane T(LLC)
Jane T(LLC), Bachelor's Degree

Can you provide the list of observations you made for this?
I am going offline now, so I will opt out so that I do not impede you getting assistance from others.
it can be any age group. how about age K-3 rd.

This is due Sunday by midnight.

thanks. Melissa
Relist: No answer yet.
Can I have this by Sunday at midnight?
verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree

Could you provide additional information? Did you observe a particular class--as in special education, EBD, general education? Do you have any notes from your observations that you can include? Is there a word count or format?

Thanks,

Gwyn

It based on observations with k-3 EBD students. I did not do the observations so 5 instructional practices, behavior interventions and modification, and systems need to be made up. It's a 3 colum chart and needs at least 5 observations, with reflextions and reccomendations to go with it. The book we need to reference is:

Drasgow, E., Meadows, N. B., Shriner, J. G., Yell, M. L. (2009). Evidence-Based Practices for Educating Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. Upper Saddle River: Pearson Education, Inc.

Scoring Tool/Guide (Rubric)

Benchmark Assessment: eMOTION

Criteria

1: Unsatisfactory

2: Less Than Satisfactory

3: Satisfactory

4: Good

5: Excellent

Instructional, Behavior Interventions/ Modifications, and Systems Observations and Reflections (45%)

Observations are vague and all three categories are not stated.

Two of three category observations are stated and briefly discussed in terms of their effectiveness and ineffectiveness.

Each category has a minimum of three observations; each is reflected upon in terms of its effectiveness and ineffectiveness.

Each category has a minimum of five observations; each is reflected upon in terms of its effectiveness and ineffectiveness.

Reflections on the effectiveness and ineffectiveness of the observations are thorough and logical.

Recommendations for Improvement (45%)

No improvement recommendations are made.

Recommendations for improvement are made for some of the observations, but they are sketchy.

Recommendations for improvement are made for all observations and are informed by course material and discussion.

Recommendations are credible and viable.

Recommendations indicate an insightful understanding of the subject matter.

Organization and Mechanics (10%)

3-Column Chart

Chart/matrix design is irrelevant, fails to address one of the following:Observation, Reflection, and Recommendation columns, uses notes from practicum experience to address instructional practice, behavior interventions, modifications, reflection, and recommendations.

Chart design is underdeveloped, fails to address two of the following: Observation, Reflection, and Recommendation columns, uses notes from practicum experience to address instructional practice, behavior interventions, modifications, reflection, and recommendations.

Chart design is proficient, fails to address one of the following: Observation, Reflection, and Recommendation columns, uses notes from practicum experience to address instructional practice, behavior interventions, modifications, reflection, and recommendations.

Chart design is proficient, incorporates Observation, Reflection, and Recommendation columns, uses notes from practicum experience to address instructional practice, behavior interventions, modifications, reflection, and recommendations.

Chart design is relevant, incorporates Observation, Reflection, and Recommendation columns, uses notes from practicum experience to address instructional practice, behavior interventions, modifications, reflection, and recommendations.

Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar)

Surface errors are pervasive enough that they impede communication of meaning.

Frequent and repetitive mechanical errors distract the reader.

Some mechanical errors or typos are present, but are not overly distracting to the reader.

Prose is largely free of mechanical errors, although a few may be present.

Writer is clearly in control of standard, written American English.

© 2010. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.

You bet --

you'll have your answer by 11pm EST tomorrow at the latest!

Gwyn
Please send me any resources you have from your class. I notice the rubric asks that your 'connections be logical and informed by course material and discussion.' You can copy and paste them here or send them to me through a file share link like mediafire or box.com.

Thanks,

Gwyn
Also, do you know how many observations of each one you need. And, what types of systems is the professor looking to see?

Thanks,

Gwyn

Here a few that have been listed for previous weeks:

Read "Conducting a Functional Behavioral Assessment: What's All the Hype?," by Miller (2002), located on the Teachnology website.

http://www.teachnology.com/tutorials/teaching/fba/

Read "Introduction: Creating Positive Behavioral Intervention Plans and Supports," by Gable, Quinn, Rutherford, Howell, and Hoffman, located on the Center for Effective Collaboration and Practice's website.

http://cecp.air.org/fba/problembehavior3/intro3.htm

Read "Applying Cognitive-Behavioral Techniques to Social Skills Instruction," by Smith, from ERIC/OSEP Digest #E630 (2002), located on the Council for Exceptional Children website.

http://www.cec.sped.org/Content/NavigationMenu/AboutCEC/International/StepbyStep/e630.pdf

Explore the Behavioral & Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions page of the Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Psychiatry website.

http://psychiatry.healthse.com/psy/categories/C9/

Read "Behavior Disorders/Emotional Disturbances," located on the Council for Exceptional Children website.

http://www.cec.sped.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Behavior_Disorders_Emotional_Disturbance&Template=/TaggedPage/TaggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=37&ContentID=5624

Read "The Development of a Scale to Assess the Emotional and Behavioral Strengths of Children," by Epstein, from the Proceedings of the [10th] Annual Report Conference—A System of Care for Children's Mental Health: Expanding the Research Base (1997).

http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=eric&AN=ED432865&site=ehost-live&scope=site

***Let me know if this helps. As far as how many I was thinking listing 5 observations of any of the combined (instructional practices, behavior interventions and modification, and systems) with reccomendations and reflections to accomany each of them.... The system I assume refeers to behavior systems??

THANK YOU. Let me know how it is coming along.

Thank you. I have three each so far of the instructional strategies and behavioral interventions. I will keep plugging away until I have all that you need. Talk to you soon, Gwyn

Let me make sure I have this clear. Do you need five for each area? or five total? I might be going way overboard!

I would say five total. I thought I said that in the last post. I didn't want you to do all of that Frown....

It's really not a problem. I can start wrapping it up now and send it to you shortly. You'll have plenty to work with. :-)

Thank you very much !

You are very welcome. Please let me know if you have any questions. To open the file, please copy and paste it into the web address bar at the very top of your page.

https://www.box.com/s/a74mn28i7jpbxssx2bgm

Have a great night,

Gwyn
verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree
verbsrule
verbsrule
verbsrule, Bachelor's Degree