Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

1. (Points: 5) According to Maurice in Chapter 1, what…

Customer Question
1. (Points: 5) According to Maurice...
1.
(Points: 5)
According to Maurice in Chapter 1, what do parents need more than anything else when trying to find effective interventions for their children with autism?

a. Factual, scientific information

b. A sense of acceptance concerning the condition of autism

c. Advice from other parents

d. Counseling and support for themselves

Save Answer

2.
(Points: 5)
What is meant by the phrase “learning to learn?”

a. The attitude that teachers need to adopt if they are to teach children with autism effectively.

b. Reference to a promising alternative approach to Applied Behavior Analysis in
which children do not need to be taught as directly and intensively.

c. A recent phrase from the field of medicine that reflects the need for doctors to expand their perspective when it comes to the causes and treatment of autism.

d. Teaching children with autism to attend to, and therefore learn from their environment more effectively.

Save Answer

3.
(Points: 5)
Which of the following is a critical factor in determining whether a study is BEHAVIORAL?

a. The behavior chosen for study must be demonstrated to change as a function of manipulated events (a functional relation).

b. The behavior chosen for study must be the behavior in need of improvement.

c. The behavior chosen for study must be contingent upon the subject’s verbal description.

d. The behavior chosen for study must be of immediate importance to the subject/s of study.

Save Answer

4.
(Points: 5)
We say that a behavior change has GENERALITY if it:

a. Spreads to other behaviors that were not directly treated

b. Appears in non-training settings as a result of the treatment procedures

c. None of these answers are correct

d. All of these answers are correct

e. Lasts over time

Save Answer

5.
(Points: 5)
Select ALL that Apply. Which of the following are defining characteristics of applied behavior analysis as described by Cooper, Heron and Heward (2007)?

a. Technological

b. Effective

c. Behavioral

d. Conceptually diverse

e. Philosophic doubt

Save Answer

6.
(Points: 5)
The Behavior of Organisms (Skinner, 1938) contributed to the science of behavior by:

a. Demonstrating operant behavior with humans

b. Demonstrating the effects of Stimulus-Response (S-R) psychology on humans

c. Differentiating operant behavior from respondent behavior

d. Advancing Watson’s Stimulus-Response (S-R) paradigm

Save Answer

7.
(Points: 5)
Fill in the Blank. ______________ relations are statements that describe the occurrence of phenomena under study as a function of the operation of specific variables.

1.

Save Answer

8.
(Points: 5)
True or False? In order to be conceptually systematic, it is important to describe procedures responsible for behavior change in terms of the relevant principles of behavior from which they were derived.

True False

Save Answer

9.
(Points: 5)
Which of the following is NOT a component specified in the formal definition of applied behavior analysis as presented by Cooper, Heron and Heward (2007)?

a. Applied behavior analysis seeks to produce statistically significant results.

b. Applied behavior analysis produces a functional analysis of the factors responsible for behavior change.

c. Applied behavior analysis focuses on socially significant behaviors.

d. Applied behavior analysis procedures are derived from the principles of behavior.

Save Answer

10.
(Points: 5)
True or False? An empirical attitude demands objective observations based on a thorough description and precise quantification of the phenomena (behavior) of interest.

a. True

b. False

Save Answer

11.
(Points: 5)
Which type of behaviorism is represented by the following quotation? “It is a mistake to rule out events that influence our behavior because they are not accessible to others.”

a. Methodological behaviorism

b. Structuralism

c. Radical behaviorism

d. All of these answers are correct

e. None of these answers are correct

Save Answer

12.
(Points: 5)
Which of the following is NOT a level of scientific understanding when conducting research?

a. Description

b. Systematic

c. Prediction

d. Control

Save Answer

13.
(Points: 5)
“Researchers from Dr. Ivar Lovaas’s group and the Princeton Child Development Institute show that autism can be cured with Applied Behavior Analysis!” Which of the following is a more accurate statement?

a. Most children who receive early, intensive behavioral treatment will make steady progress toward independence and normalcy, although not all will achieve the end goals of recovery, unsupported inclusion in public school and normalcy.

b. When intensive behavioral treatment works with a child, it works rapidly.

c. Early behavioral treatment all but ensures unsupported inclusion in public schools.

d. In most cases, children with autism will recover when provided intensiv
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Writing Homework
2/16/2012
Writing Tutor: iolaida, Master's Degree replied 6 years ago
iolaida
iolaida, Master's Degree

I will answer your question, but I want to make sure that you are referring to work by Catherine Maurice -

Thank you.
Yes, I am! You are absolutely correct!
Ok - good. I will work on your answer. Thank you.

Victoria
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Master's Degree