Gnaritas
Gnaritas, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  I am skilled at writing papers from reports to research, also short essays.
32242116

Primary Task Response (due by Wednesday): Within the Discussion

Primary Task Response (due by Wednesday): Within the Discussion Board area, write 3–4 paragraphs that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:

For your third writing journal, read Peter Singer, “Why We Must Ration Health Care," and Leonard Laster, “Rationing Medical Care: A Second Opinion,” located in the CTUO Library database. To locate these documents, please go to the Library and then “Find Articles and Books.” In the new window that opens, scroll down until you see National Newspapers (ProQuest) and click on the link to open it. Click the search button to locate the Singer article in the New York Times Magazine, July 19, 2009, p. 38 (6 pages) and then search for the Laster article in The Washington Post, August 30, 1990, p. A23 (ProQuest document ID:(NNN) NNN-NNNN.
You should save each article in full text and take notes.
Then, write a 3–4 paragraph piece in response to the following question: Based on your careful reading and analysis of the arguments both Singer and Laster present on the two sides of this issue, what is your conclusion concerning what should be done to ration or not to ration?
Be sure to use proper APA citation and attribution formats if you quote from or refer to the texts – or any other texts.
What time on Wed do you need the assignment? Can you get me access to the articles needed to complete the assignment?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
before 12pm, yes

Thanks for the information.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The titles and info can be googled also ok?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will you be able to complete this assignment?
Yes. Don't forget to get me access to the articles.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Go to Google and search for them they come up there. OK?

Thanks.

The issue with healthcare is becoming more and more extreme. The baby boomers are getting older and will require additional health care services. The number of people unemployed and unable to afford medical coverage has only increased with the recession. Prior to the recession people struggled to pay for healthcare coverage and getting the proper coverage due to HMO interference. Now we have come to the point of choosing who is worthy of medical services and the types of medical services to be given. The concept of treatment as a right even without coverage may quickly disappear and Americans who can't afford the coverage or don't qualify will be excluded.

The justifications for rationing health care seem logical and necessary to those who are paying for their health and the health of others. It is one thing to have high premiums for the coverage type such as single, spouse and children. It is another concept altogether taking on the responsibilities of a stranger's healthcare needs. America is a nation that instills the perception of working to get yourself to the place you want to be. The amount of work and your level of success are based on your drive. When it comes to medicine, something that is fundamental to human survival the same rules should not apply. Think about a medical coverage plan that only allows one covered doctor's visit a year because the individual's income only allows that much medical coverage. Can we truly afford to slowly kill and injure people because money is the obstacle (Singer, 2009)?

It was stated earlier that healthcare is a human right which is true and those rights should not be infringed upon by the cost of care. The concept of universal health care is foreign to those who live in the United States. Instead of placing high price tags on medical breakthroughs, procedures, supplies, equipment and doctor's fees there would be a standardized cost. This cost means equality for everyone in need of medical assistance such as the elderly and the unemployed. The homeless would also be included. Universal health care transforms medicine from simply profit to a life extending tool of well-being. The playing field of medicine and health care must become level or our government will be involved in a new form of genocide (Laster, 1990).

I am in complete agreement with the concept of universal health care. Everyone needs help as they get older and also as they live life. Accidents and sickness are not going away simply because people can't pay for treatment.

References:

Laster, Leonard. (1990 August 30. Rationing Medical Care: A Second Opinion. Retrieved November 30, 2011, from http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1144965.html

Singer, Peter. (2009 July 15). Why We Must Ration Health Care. Retrieved November 30, 2011, from http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/19/magazine/19healthcare-t.html?pagewanted=all

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a way that you can look at an writing assignment that I have posted?
Yes. I'll got take a look and repond back ASAP.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is the assignment that I was referring to!

Task Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 800–1,000 words Points Possible: 100 Due Date: 1/16/2012 11:59:59 PM CT Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time. Today’s changing legal, economic, and social environments require ethics programs aimed at protecting the company and its stakeholders, including stockholders, customers, employees, and others. Study the Web site and annual report of the company you selected, and provide a brief overview: Describe the company’s stance on corporate social responsibility (CSR). Discuss the connection between the CSR program and why it is necessary to the specific industry. How does the CSR program apply to today’s trends and current issues in the global marketplace? Whom is the company responsible to? Why should a company implement a CSR program?

Optional Information:
Level/Year: Bachelors
Subject: Business Organization Basics
Thanks, I found it.