Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Writing Homework

1. Nearly all Fellows are hired to teach in high-need schools

1. Nearly all Fellows are...
1. Nearly all Fellows are hired to teach in ‘high-need’ schools that are located in low-income communities. Why do you want to teach in a high-need school, and what experiences have prepared you for the challenges of teaching in a high-need school?

2. The most important responsibility of a teacher is to ensure high academic achievement for all students. Explain how a skill or ability that you possess will help you ensure high academic achievement for all students and provide an example of how you have effectively demonstrated this skill or ability in the past.

3. Briefly describe a time when you achieved a goal in the face of challenges or while balancing multiple responsibilities. What steps did you take to ensure you would meet your goal, and how will that experience contribute to your ability to be successful with your students?

The above questions need to be answered in 200-250 words each...
8/12/2010
Dr Clark
Dr Clark, Post-Doctoral Degree

Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid support site.

I would like to assist you with this. These questions are highly reflective, i.e., dependent on your personal experiences. Do you have some responses to these prompts, even if they are not clearly organized?

I love learning and discovering new things, and I want to help my students understand the joy and satisfaction, which comes out of being able to read and write and think and talk and listen and ask questions and find out the answers to their questions.

Though these questions require my personal experiences, I'm so stressed about giving the best impression, I would settle for tailoring whatever response you could provide....

1. Nearly all Fellows are hired to teach in ‘high-need' schools that are located in low-income communities. Why do you want to teach in a high-need school, and what experiences have prepared you for the challenges of teaching in a high-need school?

If I am selected to participate in this program, I will be committed to improving the quality of education for each student. My motivation stems from the experiences that have been given me throughout my education; I wish to encourage life-long learning and motivate others in a similar way. This is a unique opportunity, not only for me to share my knowledge with students in grades K-12, but with the parents and communities of these students. Likewise, there will be a reciprocal transfer of knowledge; I will become exposed to a variety of experiences, learning styles, and situations. It is hoped that my participation in this program will inspire knowledge and motivate students in low-income communities to enjoy education. From my personal experience, students in high-need schools need teachers that exceed the standard of being exceptional in their content knowledge in subject matter expertise. However, this is only a minor component of what I believe is required for the success of the students and the community. From my personal experience, these academic strengths of the teacher must also be balanced with understanding of the students' culture, and compassion that is willing to give of time and resources.

For as long as I can remember, I have always had a love for science. My grandmother was a math teacher, my grandfather, an architectural engineer who later taught drafting. Likewise, my parents were both educators. My parents and grandparents always placed a great deal of importance on projects, especially those that were science related. I recall asking for lab kits as Christmas presents, and dismantling things around the house to see how they worked. Though I vacillated between wanting to be a doctor, accountant, engineer, and architect, I know that these early influences laid the foundation for my interests in science and mathematics. Years later, this developed into a career in science. Obviously, I was groomed and encouraged to go in this direction. I love learning and discovering new things, and I want to help my students understand the joy and satisfaction, which comes out of being able to read and write; to think and talk; and to listen and inquire so that the answers they desire can be beautifully uncovered. With this approach to academic achievement for students, I hope to breathe and exude my passion for learning to them.

Becoming a mother in the midst of a life convergent on research, schoolwork, teaching, and management duties gave a new meaning to the term "multitasking". Though on many occasions the journey seemed long and arduous, it is from this convoluted pathway that I can enthusiastically state my goals for a career that I hope will be long and passionate. As I stand here today I have accomplished all that I have desired through perseverance, focus, and discipline. My experience as a __ Fellow will be no different. I will work long hours, sacrifice my time and money, and view my students and their futures as a continual reminder of the importance of my endeavor. I will also utilize my past hardships to provide perspective on when and how I should be compassionate. As mentioned earlier, it is not enough to be able to teach content, and it is not enough to only have a desire to help. To effect change, to be successful, and to help these students overcome generational, socioeconomic and individual challenges, I must have compassion. I feel the greatest of my cumulative experiences that will benefit my students' success is that I am willing to be inconvenienced for their sake.

If you are satisfied with my response, please ACCEPT my answer, so that I may receive credit for my work.

If you are not satisfied, please let me know so that I may better assist you.

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated!

Dr Clark
Dr Clark, Post-Doctoral Degree
Dr Clark
Dr Clark
Dr Clark, Post-Doctoral Degree