Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Final Project Democracy in America

Final Project: Democracy in America...
Final Project: Democracy in America

·        Note: Throughout this course you have considered the effects of political linkage mechanisms and institutions on American democracy. The final project consists of a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper in APA format evaluating the state of American democracy today. Appendix A provides in-depth suggestions for each chapter.
·        Resources: Appendix A, MyPoliSciLab, Government in America, University Library, and credible Internet sources
·        Weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the current democratic system for each assigned chapter in the text. It may help to keep a tally from each chapter of the pros and cons of the existing system. In the chapter on the presidency, for example, you must determine the most and least important presidential power. Appendix A provides in-depth suggestions for each chapter.
·        Provide a rationale for every suggestion you make to improve the current democratic system. You may use the text, MyPoliSciLab, the University Library, or credible Internet sources to support your suggestions.
·        Include any sources, including those from MyPoliSciLab, on the reference page of your paper.
·        Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.

(Here is the Final Project Timeline)

You should budget your time wisely and work on your project throughout the course. As outlined below, some assignments in the course are designed to assist you in creating your final project. If you complete your course activities and use the feedback provided by the instructor, you will be on the right track to successfully complete your project.

?     Suggested in Week One: Consider the challenges to democracy. Do you think any one of these challenges poses a particular threat to our current system of government? In response to these challenges, reflect on American civic values and what we appreciate most about our democracy. Which side do you think wins—democratic challengers or civic values?

?     Suggested in Week Two: Reflect on the framers’ intentions for the Constitution. What do you like most about the Constitution, and subsequently our democracy? What do you like least? If you were one of the original framers, what would you advocate changing about the Constitution?

?     Suggested in Week Three: Which civil liberty or civil right do you value the most? Which do you value the least? Is there a civil liberty or civil right that we currently do not enjoy for which you would advocate? Use the Bill of Rights CheckPoint and the assignment to guide you in this area for the final project.

?     Suggested in Week Four: Consider the intended and unintended consequences of the electoral college. Do you think this is the most effective or best way to elect the President of the United States? Also, consider how political participation affects elections. Discuss one thing you would change to enhance political participation in America. Is increased participation necessarily a good thing?

?     Suggested in Week Five: Consider the way a bill becomes a law in America. Do you think it is too easy or too difficult to enact a law? Defend your answer with specific examples. After completing the CheckPoints and assignment for this week, what strengths do you see in the congressional structure? What weaknesses do you see? Do the strengths outweigh the weaknesses?

?     Due in Week Six: What presidential roles do you think are most and least important? What presidential powers do you think are most and least important? If you could add or subtract one presidential role, what would it be and why? If you could add or subtract one presidential power, what would it be and why?

?     Due in Week Seven: Based on the exercise and assignment, do you think there should be more or less bureaucratic influence on Americans? Discuss at least one advantage and one disadvantage of more or less influence, depending on which position you advocate.

?     Due in Week Eight: Federal judges and Supreme Court justices are not elected—they are appointed by the president and confirmed by the U.S. Senate. Rely on your responses from the discussion questions when considering how democratic it is to support an unelected judiciary. Is this the fairest way? Defend your argument for or against the election of federal judges and Supreme Court justices.

?     Due in Week Nine: Rely on the Capstone CheckPoint to describe the state of American democracy today and submit your final project.

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/1/2010
Brittany
Brittany, Professional
Hello Grannybaby,

I have a model paper for this paper that I could provide to you. This has been used once before so it would need to be reworded. Please let me know if you would like to accept a model paper and I will sent it right over.

Thank you,
Brittany
Hi Brittany,
Yes, please send the paper over and I can get started with rewording it.
Thanks,
Grannybaby

PS-Do you have solutions to Math 157 finals also?
Hi Brittany,
I am waiting for you to send the paper. Please send it asap so that I can start working on it. It is due this Sunday.
Thanks,
Grannybaby
Hi Brittany,
Are you still able to help me with this paper? I really need it!
Thanks

Hello Grannybaby,

Sorry for not getting this to you yesterday. I was unable to get to the computer. Here is the model paper I was referring to:

Please click here

I hope you find this useful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Brittany

Brittany
Brittany, Professional
Brittany,
How do I leave feedback for you? You are awesome!!!!! I got an A on my paper!!!
Thanks, Customer

HelloCustomer

I am glad to hear that you got an A...congrats!!!!