Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

QUESTIONS 6 1) The number one reason most students do not…

Customer Question
QUESTIONS: 6 1) The number one reason...
QUESTIONS: 6
1) The number one reason most students do not write successful essays is because:
1) Their writing skills are weak
2) They can’t think of topic
3) They start the essay too late
4) They are weak spells
2) Which of the following can dramatically improve your grade on an essay?
1) Providing an outline
2) Choosing an effective thesis sentence
3) Setting aside time to rewrite your essay
4) Writing on an interesting topic
3) What is the most important key to an effective essay?
1) A focused thesis sentence
2) Five paragraphs in the body
3) Interesting supporting details
4) A concluding sentence
4 The first sentence of your introductory paragraph should do all of the following EXCEPT:
1) Give the reader an idea of the subject matter
2) Include the title of the essay
3) Grab the reader’s attention
4) Provide a thesis sentence
5 Jack was told the overall content of his paper was weak. What does this mean?
1) The tone of his paper was not original
2) He had too many grammatical errors
3) The overall ideas in his essay were not fully developed
4) The flow of his essay was inconsistent
13 Choose the most effective thesis sentence from the following:
1) I learned a valuable lesson
2) Life is full of valuable lessons.
3) The saying ”Honesty is the best policy” is a valuable life lesson.
4) Valuable lessons are important in life.
14 Which of the following is the most effective opening sentence for an introductory paragraph?
1) I heard a loud sound before I collapsed.
2) Bang! That was the last sound I heard before I collapsed.
3) The loud sound was the last thing I heard before I collapsed.
4) Non of the above.
115 All of the following statements about conclusion paragraphs are true EXCEPT:
1) A restated thesis sentence is found in the conclusion paragraph.
2) Conclusion paragraphs are the most difficult paragraphs to write.
3) A conclusion sentence is found in the conclusion paragraph.
4) A summary of the points presented in the body paragraphs goes in the conclusion paragraph.
116 Catherine received a 70 on her essay because the vocabulary was basic and there was a lack of clear and active voice. Which of the following areas of her essay were weak?
1) Organization
2) Content
3) Mechanics
4) Style
117 Which of the following will help you produce clear and effective writing ?
1) Brainstorming before writing.
2) A rubric that provides criteria.
3) The style of your paper.
4) A solid thesis statement.
119 Sam’s essay lacked a clear beginning, middle, and end as well as weak and limited transitions. In which area was Sam’s essay weak?
1) Content
2) Organization
3) Tone
4) Mechanics
220 What is the last thing you should do before turning in your essay?
1) Write the second draft
2) Proofread the essay to make sure it is free from errors
3) Revise and edit, changing and rearranging the content
4) All of the above
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Writing Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
6/29/2010
Writing Tutor: SusanAthena, Master's Degree replied 8 years ago
SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Thank you for your question!

Your answers are below.

Kind regards,
Susan

----

QUESTIONS: 6 1) The number one reason most students do not write successful essays is because: 1) Their writing skills are weak

2) Which of the following can dramatically improve your grade on an essay? 2) Choosing an effective thesis sentence

3) What is the most important key to an effective essay? 1) A focused thesis sentence

4 The first sentence of your introductory paragraph should do all of the following EXCEPT: I'm not quite sure. It's either 2) Include the title of the essay OR 4) Provide a thesis sentence . Between the two of these, I'd choose 2, but this isn't typically where the thesis sentence would go, either.

5 Jack was told the overall content of his paper was weak. What does this mean? 3) The overall ideas in his essay were not fully developed

13 Choose the most effective thesis sentence from the following: 3) The saying ”Honesty is the best policy” is a valuable life lesson.

14 Which of the following is the most effective opening sentence for an introductory paragraph? 2) Bang! That was the last sound I heard before I collapsed.

115 All of the following statements about conclusion paragraphs are true EXCEPT: Again, not quite sure what your instructor is looking for. I'd choose (4). 1) A restated thesis sentence is found in the conclusion paragraph OR 4) A summary of the points presented in the body paragraphs goes in the conclusion paragraph.

116 Catherine received a 70 on her essay because the vocabulary was basic and there was a lack of clear and active voice. Which of the following areas of her essay were weak? 4) Style

117 Which of the following will help you produce clear and effective writing ? 4) A solid thesis statement.

119 Sam’s essay lacked a clear beginning, middle, and end as well as weak and limited transitions. In which area was Sam’s essay weak? 2) Organization

220 What is the last thing you should do before turning in your essay? 2) Proofread the essay to make sure it is free from errors