Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Please help me Run-Ons and Comma Splices below by putting a…

Customer Question
Please help me Run-Ons and...
Please help me Run-Ons and Comma Splices below by putting a vertical line between each complete thought. Then rewrite the sentences using either 1)a period and a capital letter or 2)a comma and a conjunction (For,And,Nor,But,Or,Yet,So) question 1.She tried to bake cookies,she burned them. 2. My job begins at 9am,I usually arrive by 8:30 3). The phone rang the operator answered it. 4). Our house is in good shape,the garage need a new roof. 5). Mr.Carlton will fly to Phoenix he will stay at the Cactus Inn. i want to make sure im doing it right and i have more for you to help me check thank you and i really appreciate the help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Writing Homework
6/25/2010
Writing Tutor: pennyaline, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 years ago
pennyaline
pennyaline, Bachelor's Degree
I can help you with this. You say you've completed the assignment? Good. Let's help you get it uploaded so I can have a look at it!
i cant uploaded itz written
How can I check what you've done if you can't get it to me?

Perhaps you could type your results into the text box here and I can check your work that way! Use a slash (/) rather than a vertical line between each complete thought. Shall we try? Smile
1.SHE TRIED TO BAKE COOKIES BUT SHE BURNED THEM. 2. SHE 3. SO 4. AND 5. AND
Good. That's a good start. Why don't you enter all of your completed exercises here all at once? That way I can see them all first thing in the morning and offer you whatever advice you might need at one time.
Remember to follow the instructions for the exercise. It says to separate the complete thoughts with either a period and a new sentence starting with a capital letter, or with a comma and a conjunction.

Get all of your exercises entered here and we'll review them in the morning! Wink

Edited by Nora on 6/25/2010 at 5:40 AM EST
Are you still interested in having your exercises "checked?"
Let's do it this way:

First:

1) She tried to bake cookies/she burned them.

2) My job begins at 9am/I usually arrive by 8:30.

3) The phone rang/the operator answered it.

4) Our house is in good shape/the garage needs a new roof.

5) Mr. Carlton will fly to Phoenix/he will stay at the Cactus Inn.

Then:

1) She tried to bake cookies, but she burned them.

2) My job begins at 9 am. I usually arrive by 8:30.

3) The phone rang, and the operator answered it.

4) Our house is in good shape, but the garage needs a new roof.

5) Mr. Carlton will fly to Phoenix. He will stay at the Cactus Inn.

Give those a try Wink

Please accept the answer provided. That's how I get paid. If you have any other questions, let me know.