Writing Homework

Need Help With Writing Homework? Ask a Tutor

Can anyone help please

Customer Question
I left this one a...
I left this one a little late, due Wed. Can you help me with a model?? Willing to pay $40. Student Reading Attitude and Interest Inventory 1) Using the following 20-item questionnaire, administer it individually to at least 10-15 different students. The students should assign a rating of 1-4 (strongly disagree, disagree, agree, strongly agree) for each of the following statements: a) I enjoy going to the library. b) I hate reading. c) Reading is boring and a waste of my time. d) I think I'm a good reader. e) I like to listen to stories read to me. f) I like to read to others. g) I only read when the teacher makes me. h) I read even when I'm not in school. i) I am interested in reading books when I'm alone. j) Only nerds like to read. For the next set of questions, the students should provide an answer. k) My favorite kinds of books are ________________. l) The last book I read was _________________. m) My favorite thing to do in my free time is ___________________. n) My favorite TV show is __________________. o) When I grow up, I want to be a __________________. p) If I had a million dollars, I would __________________. q) If you are reading something that doesn't make sense, what can you do to help you understand? r) What makes someone a good reader? s) What makes someone a good writer? t) What's the most important thing about reading? 2) Once the students have completed the attitude and interest inventory, analyze them for patterns and discoveries. For example, did the boys give information different from the girls? Are there particular statements that were consistently ranked higher (or lower)? Is there a common interest or attitude? 3) Write an analysis of the results in 1,250-1,500 words, giving ample support from the raw data. a) Use the GCU eLibrary to research a minimum of four to six peer-reviewed articles that can be used in support of your content. b) In addition, explain how these results can be used in your daily teaching and what specific adjustments you will make within your classroom based on these inventory findings. c) Attach a copy of your summary of the tabulated data with your analysis. 4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Writing Homework
6/16/2010
Writing Tutor: amberleapack, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 years ago
amberleapack
amberleapack, Bachelor's Degree

Hi 2 Ostrichmake1~

Thank you for requesting me! I am afraid that I do not have a model for this assignment. However, I would be willing to complete an original for you. Just let me know what your due date is and I will get it too you.

I need it by tonight, as I said I left it a little bit to late. Can you help If I change the amount to $60

Amber can you close this for me, so that I can post another question... This one is due next Tuesday, I am a 8 th grade science teacher.

Evaluating Textbooks

1) Using the following assessment tools, evaluate a content area textbook preferably in your grade level (if this is not available for your grade level, then evaluate a textbook from a different grade at your school site).

2) Fry Readability Formula. Determine the estimated readability level of the chosen content area textbook. Script the textbook excerpts/passage samples that you used and show the step-by-step process you followed for determining the readability, including the number of sentences and syllables per sample passage.

3) Cloze procedure. Create a cloze test for the same textbook but use a different passage sample than the ones used for the Fry's Formula. Administer your cloze test to two students in the respective grade level and score their performances. Score the students' performances based on the following three categories:

a) Frustration (less than 40% correct)

b) Instructional (40% to 60% correct)

c) Independent (more than 60% correct)

4) Compare these results with the Fry's Readability score for that same textbook. How are the results from the cloze and Fry assessments similar? How are they different? What are your explanations for any discrepancies between the cloze and Fry outcomes? Include a copy of the cloze test you created.

5) Using the information about the framework for assessing texts, write an assessment of 1,250-1,500 words for the same textbook that addresses content, format, utility, and style.

6) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.

7) Combine the results of the Fry's Readability Formula, the Cloze procedure, and your comparative analysis with your overall assessment of the textbook as one deliverable.