Wedding

Have Wedding Planning Questions? Ask Wedding Planners

My daughter is getting married in the spring (April 2018)

My daughter is getting...

My daughter is getting married in the spring (April 2018) She is planning an outdoor courtyard ceremony with an indoor ballroom reception. WE live in Mississippi. What length dress would be most appropriate for the MOB and MOG for 5 o'clock in the afternoon ceremony?

Expert's Assistant: The Etiquette Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Etiquette Expert should know?

I don't think so.....

12/14/2017
Cheryl
Cheryl, Wedding Advisor

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Thank you!

Hello, again and thanks for your patience. I'm sorry you didn't get an earlier response from one of our experts.

The MOB and MOG dresses for an outside, 5PM wedding, should be tea length (just below the knee or mid-calf), with 3/4 length sleeves.

Colors that are not appropriate for these dresses, are: white, off-white, very light pink or anything close to white, as to not have a color close to the bridal gown, assuming it will be white or ivory. Black is also not an appropriate color for the MOB or MOG, as traditionally, it expresses disapproval of the wedding.

I hope this helps and wish you much good luck on your daughter's upcoming nuptials!

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition from the website for my assistance.

Best regards,

Cher

Thank you very much! ��

You're most welcome! I'm glad I could be of help.

Since you found my answer helpful, please take a moment to rate it with 5 stars, as that is the only way I will receive credit from the website for my assistance.

Thank you so much,

Cher

Cheryl
Cheryl, Wedding Advisor

Thank you very much for your great rating; it is highly appreciated!