Wedding

Have Wedding Planning Questions? Ask Wedding Planners

Is it ever acceptable for a bride to wear a black cocktail…

Customer Question
Is it ever acceptable...

Is it ever acceptable for a bride to wear a black cocktail dress at an outdoor ceremony? It is both our third marriage and will include cocktails, ceremony and classy sit down dinner for about 30 people

Expert's Assistant: The Etiquette Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Etiquette Expert can help you best.

Bride (me) wondering if black cocktail dress is acceptable to wear for a late afternoon ceremony outside. First is cocktails, then ceremony,,then classy and elegant sit down dinner for around 30 guests. Is that too risky or would be considered to be in bad taste or bad form?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Etiquette Expert should be aware of?

I can't think of any thing else right now.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Wedding
4/27/2017
Wedding Planner: Michael, Wedding Consultant replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant

Good afternoon,

Congratulations first on your wedding day as I am sure you are busy planning to make sure everything goes well.

As for your question about the cocktail dress, etiquette would say from those that would want more of a formal look to wear. Times though have changed and dress styles have as well. You can see by the link below on looks that are just fine if you do not want to wear something formal:

http://www.mywedding.com/dresses/wedding/12-options-for-brides-who-dont-want-to-wear-a-wedding-dress/

I would believe that since this is both your third marriage that being formal is not necessary as you can dress as you wish. You though know the guests that are coming to the wedding so think about how they are dressing to the event. Most guests are asked not to dress in black as to bring a negative feel to the ceremony but those days are in the past and how and what you wish to wear is what is important. The type of wedding you are also having I fell allows for the type of dress you wish to wear so feel comfortable in your choice.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael