Wedding

Have Wedding Planning Questions? Ask Wedding Planners

Oh! I am having an outdoor ceremony at a private home with a…

Customer Question
Oh! Hello! I am...

Oh! Hello! I am having an outdoor ceremony at a private home with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The only problem is the backyard has a pretty steep downward slope to it, and I'm not sure the chairs will be supported on the slope. We have 150 guests. Any ideas on how to seat everyone on a steep downslope?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Wedding
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/16/2017
Wedding Planner: Michael, Wedding Consultant replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant

Good evening,

Congratulations first on your big day coming up as I am sure you are busy with planning.

As for dealing with the slope in question, some thoughts I have and ideas:

1. Benches with individual legs on each corner as you could sturdy both the back and front legs to get even seating. Much more sturdy than fold out chairs.

2. Have the front benches for those that have difficulty walking.

3. If ceremony not long, see if some guests would not mind standing on the front sides of the slope.

Benches I feel would be the safest way to go for guest comfort.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael