Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant
Experience:  Professional Wedding Consultant
70951075

Getting married at the NC beach in September and trying to

Getting married at the NC beach in September and trying to keep expenses down since this is second time around. Rented a beach house and plan on 50 guests with ceremony and reception at the house. Fiancé wants a evening wedding whatever that means. Rented a tent and tables that fills up most of grassy area we have. We want to keep things simple so looking for advice on a simple procession/program and pictures to capture our big day.

Congratulations first on your big day coming up next month. Sounds like you have planned well in getting a beach house with a nice amount of guests spending a day celebrating your big event.

Some ideas to offer:

1. For programs that are simple, look at these great ideas from Brides Magazine:

http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-invitations-stationery/2014/11/unique-wedding-ceremony-programs

2. As for a procession, some simple ways to do this can include:

A. Instead of a processional, have your guests mingle over wine and cheese for example. Give a toast to start the event, and then have everyone proceed to their seats.

B. Allow some of the guests to speak about their thoughts on the couple.

C. Have members of your family do the readings.

D. A simple program that will have mentions of family member thoughts that everyone can read and keep.

3. For pictures, one nice idea I like to offer to customers on our site is to have cameras on each table (cheap ones that can be found in drugstores) and let those at each table take pictures of the events in the evening. You can also do this with cellphones as asking guests to take pictures and then set up a website where the pictures can be sent for everyone to view.

I hope some of these suggestions are found useful as please let me know of any additional questions you may have. Also if you could take a quick moment to rate my assistance so that I can receive credit for helping you today.

Best to you in September!

Michael