Wedding

Have Wedding Planning Questions? Ask Wedding Planners

What is the average cash amount that parents gift?

What is the average cash...
What is the average cash amount that parents gift for weddings?
7/18/2016
Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant

Cash can be very helpful for the new couple to get their life started. While there is no set rule on an amount that parents can give as a gift, it can be marked for a particular purpose such as paying for a honeymoon or a down payment for a new house.

There really is no average for a gift from parents as budgets for everyone is different. You can consider some amounts such as a cash gift for the rehearsal dinner (800.00 on average) to a nice cash gift of a few thousand.

Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant
Michael
Michael
Michael, Wedding Consultant