How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Wedding Consultant
Category: Wedding
Satisfied Customers: 3052
Experience:  Professional Wedding Consultant
Type Your Wedding Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I became an Ordained Minister online a couple of years ago

Customer Question

I became an Ordained Minister online a couple of years ago as a goof to renew friends vows on a cruise ship. I have a certificate in good standing with Open Ministries. Am I legal to perform an actual real wedding in the state of Florida?
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Wedding
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Open Ministry reports that most counties within the State of Florida will allow you to conduct a wedding. I would first though check with the county in question to be sure that the wedding is in good standing with their laws.

A "Letter of Good Standing" is something you might wish to have on file if not already as this is something the court will want to see in order for you to perform any wedding:

Same would be with having a copy of the Ordination Credentials: