How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Consultant
Category: Wedding
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  3 Plus Years as Consultant
Type Your Wedding Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As an ordained minister, do I need to register

Resolved Question:

Do I need to register with any state agency to perform wedding ceremonies in NC?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Wedding
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


Any ordained minister of any faith who is authorized to perform marriages by his church may do so. Ministers must complete the marriage license and return it to the register of deeds who issued it. For questions see the Register of Deeds, there is no registry to sign up for though do bear in mind that the state of North Carolina does not accept Universal Life Church minister certificates as valid.


Walter and other Wedding Specialists are ready to help you