VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Front passenger window won't roll down (Locally, or from the…

Front passenger window won't...

Front passenger window won't roll down (Locally, or from the driver control panel), and when I try to roll down all the windows by sticking the key in the door and holding it in the unlock position, none of the windows roll down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes. It's my fault, I was replacing the speakers and I drove a bolt through a bundle of wires on the passenger side door. I patched the wires, but I'm still having issues, so I'm thinking it's either a fuse, or I fried the window motor. I am just now looking for the right fuse it would be to make sure that's not the issue before replacing the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2011 Jetta SE 2.5L Manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing myself. I've tried to patch the wires I stripped. None of them were severed, so I just wrapped electrical tape around them to stop any short circuit I may have caused. That's complete, and now I'm trying to make sure no fuses are burnt out caused by the short circuit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it I believe

8/6/2018
VW Mechanic: Mick Partington, VW Technician replied 4 years ago
Mick Partington
Mick Partington, VW Technician

Hi, I`m Mick and will help you you today

Thanks Mick. Let me know if you have any questions. I explained as much as I could I believe initially.
That worked for getting the passenger window to raise and lower. Progress. but external control of all 4 windows with the key in the door, and the automatic raising and lowering of the passenger window still isn't working (on passenger control module or driver control module).
Put window to top and hold for 5 seconds, then bottom and hold for 5 seconds, that should sort window out
Also op poem drivers door and check the wiring loom isn't broken where it comes from door to car
Mick Partington
Mick Partington, VW Technician
I just now read your messages so thank you, ***** ***** I put the passenger door back together last night and let the car sit off for a bit, all of the window functions started working properly when I came back to it about an hour later.Thank you for your help!