VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Volkswagen not shift from park. It’s a 2009 jetta. Automatic…

Volkswagen not shift from...

Volkswagen not shift from park

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volkswagen?

It’s a 2009 jetta

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Automatic just bought for my son

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be a fuse we were fooling around with them this morning

8/4/2018
VW Mechanic: Mick Partington, VW Technician replied 4 years ago
Mick Partington
Mick Partington, VW Technician

Hi, I`m Mick and will help you

We changed a fuse and checked other fuses I think we activated the immobilizet

The immobiliser wouldn`t stop it from coming out of park

We just bought it yesterday all was fine it was an hour commute and I had my sync up plugged in it didn’t detect anything wrongChanged the fuse for the lighter and now it won’t move out of park

Did you check any fuses are not missing in the fusebox

On the interior or exterior box by engine

Sounds like you took out the blown fuse, and put it in the wrong place

It was in the interior for the lighterWe cannot find a diagram of 2009 Jetta box
There are several missing

If you look at the missing ones, They will have metal pins on both sides

Try putting a fuse in and see if it comes out of park

No need for a phone call, Check missing fuses

Mick Partington
Mick Partington, VW Technician
Phone call session started