VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have 2013 vw touareg and the the epi light came om and…

Customer Question
I have 2013 vw...

I have 2013 vw touareg and the the epi light came om and engine light also got the code check and it was p2122 throttle/pedal position switch D circuit input. my question is if I change the gas pedal would that correct the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on for a little while and then go away

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have not I took it to a shop to confirm the code and looked up the replacement part would be to attempt to change myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
6/1/2018
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon you will need to make sure you are getting a good 5 volt reference at the gas pedal if that checks out then you will need to replace the gas pedal and clear the faults but make sure you have a good signal to the pedal first before replacing the pedal . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you