VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Later. 1999 Euro Van Rialta 2.8. Just like to know exactly…

Customer Question
1999 Euro Van Rialta...

1999 Euro Van Rialta 2.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, just like to know exactly what is happening and best way to repair. Just took out of VW Dealer Shop they replaced the Ignition Assembly and seemed phony as the day this happened the van was running perfectly. I stopped for 3 minutes and turned off motor. Came back and cab power was dead. I called AAA they said bad battery. I took to Pep Boys they checked and the only problem was the positive cable was loose. They tightened. I then had no power to the drive train. I took to VW and they said ignition assembly had to be repaired. We did.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I could only travel at 20 miles per hour. I was told by pepboys that the computer needed to be reset as the battery had been dead and this would help the problem. That's why I took it to VW.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
5/30/2018
VW Mechanic: Danny, VW Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic

So I'm a little confused, you state you took it to VW, did that not fix it? What is the current state of the vehicle in detail? Do you have a voltmeter, you're going to need to do some testing.

We got a reading at auto zone. Said egr is faulty. We will repair. We just replaced at dealer a throttle assembly. Rus perfect just have check engibe light on dash.