VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have an issue with my Treg 2006mod BAC engine 2,5tdi r5 If…

Customer Question
Hi Peter I have an issue...
Hi Peter
I have an issue with my Treg 2006mod BAC engine 2,5tdi r5If its stand over night I need to cranck 30sec ++ before the engine starts.
Then it runs just fine.I have googled alot , and if I have understood it correctly the car has 2 pumps in the tank.
One for priming, and one for running.But if I need to cranck 30 sec before the engine get fuel, would that be a sign of a faulty priming pump?And do you got any tip about why the fuel return to tank when standing over night?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
5/29/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Hello, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

can you check your oil level ? is it over full?

please let me know

thanks

Hi , I had that issue earlier with diesel in oil. Changed top and tandempump. Worked fine for 4-5 days then started to have start issue again. One theory is clogd filter in fueltank who make vacuum in fuel pipes. Plausible??

that is possible but it may be the transfer pump that is going out when warm!!