VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2011 vw jetta 2.5 ac blower is not working, it

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 vw jetta 2.5 ac blower is not working, it works some time when i am trying to push start button and as soon it start blower motor cuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Car starts every thing is perfect but the blower motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked hvac module, it working i checked by replacing with other one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked the hvac module i checked the code and it has a miscommunication code with havac module

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: VW
5/28/2018
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 22 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

What was the fault number retrieved so i can pull up pin point troubleshoot on it hvac module are common on them but not only possible ?

did u replace with like used on of ebay ?

do u have auto with heat controller or manual or climatronic ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i have manual climate control the codes i erased and they are gone now. no more communication code
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i have wirring diagram already i have access to all data

ok good on wiring , but u erased , do u remember # still or no ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i have checked all the fuses, i have not found the relay i checked alldata but cant locate the blower motor relay
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
code was u0164

maybe the one below

The customer may comment on the following statements:

• The fresh air blower does not work.
  • The fresh air blower only runs on level 4.
  • The passenger compartment does not warm up.
  • The windows are steamed up from the inside.

Technician findings:

• The fresh air blower of the manual air conditioning only runs on level 4.
  • The fresh air blower of the Climatronic does not work.

The following entries are logged in the Climatronic control unit:

• 1273-fresh air blower-V2, mechanical fault, static/sporadic
  • B10BE07-fresh air blower front – mechanical fault, fault type 2: 0/ 1
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i have checked the blower motor resister by replacing it, i disconnected the blower motor and checked the power there is no power on hot wire but when i change the switch to 1 2 3 4 the negetive comes instead of power

what does it read if plugged & if u back probed , blower motor plugged in ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
if its plugged there is no power only ground.

AND HVAC MODULE BEEN REPLACED WITH A NEW OR USED OR AT LEAST FROM GOOD WORKING CAR ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
it was replaced with good working car, i have another jetta on lot. i tried to switch with it.

THAT U0164 IS NOT A VALID CODE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SCAN AGAIN TO GET FAULTY BACK , OR CYCLE SWITCH FEW TIMES TURN AC ON OFF FEW TIMES TO IT SET FAULT BACK AND REPOST IT FOR ME

WHAT IS THE HISTORY ON IT , JUST A PIECE FROM AUCTION OR TRAD IN ON UR LOT'

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
its from auction, i will cycle the switch again and will respond you back with the code. also the ac button dont work, the time ac button works the blower motor starts to work. thats what i have noticed

ALSO CHECK PINS OF THAT HAVC MODULE, GET A FLASH LIGHT LOOK FOR ANY BURNED PINS ,BACKED OUT ,MAKING POOR CONNECTION ,GET CRC ELECTRICAL CONTACT CLEANER AND SPRAY CONNECTION AND RETEST

LOOK FOR ANY LOOSE GROUND UNDER DASH

COOL JUST LET ME KNOW

CHECK ALSO SAME WAY PINS ON BLOWER MOTOR, WIGGLE WIRES ON BOTH SIDES AND HAVE ANOTHER PERSON HELP U PRESS BUTTON AND SEE IF HAS ANY EFFECT

BUT AC BUTTON WORKS IN OTHER CAR ,ISN'T AC BUTTON ON HVAC MODULE U REPLACED ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i wiggled the wires no codes and nothing worked. i checked the can gateway module with snap on zeus scanner and its communicating. i replaced the whole hvac module it had ac button fan speed control button and also heated seat buttons on one module.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
that was the code, the one i mentioned before. the definition was not on all data neither.

YEA ,NOT SUE ON THIS , SORRY ALL I KNOW ,I WILL OPEN QUESTION BACK UP FOR OTHER EXPERT TO ASSIST YOU FURTHER ON IT

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
i have fixed the issue.... fuse 33 had no power coming, fixed by replacing ac relay. found the location on relay finally.
VW Mechanic: Danny, VW Mechanic replied 20 days ago
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic

Replace the blower motor. On this vehicle, the climate control module monitors the resistance of the blower motor, and if it's incorrect it will cut power to prevent wiring damage or a fire. There ISN'T a blower motor relay it's supplied power directly from the module. Change out the blower motor, what's happening is the motor kicks on, then it draws excessive amperage because it's bad, that causes an excessive voltage drop across the circuit, and the climatronic module cuts power.

I'm sorry it took so long, I REALLY wish non VW experts who don't know the systems would stop coming in and stealing my questions. Disregard what was said in here previously, they don't know how the system functions.

I want to take a minute to explain how this site works.

We work from our cell phones, shops, homes, etc to help people fix their cars. Recently the site added a membership feature for our customers to get more questions for less money. Unfortunately it has caused confusion with some customers who think that because they've become members or payed a deposit, they don't need to rate or accept our answer.

If you don't accept the answer, we don't even get an hourly wage, and because of the memberships, I have seen my accept percentage fall by almost half.

You're completely covered by both your credit card, and you can put in for a refund if I can't work out a successful solution to your problem. Please remember to hit accept, the site is getting paid but a lot of us experts are not getting our cut of correctly answered questions because of confusion about the site.

You can still come back later and ask follow up questions if necessary on this page even after you hit accept, but if you
leave to fix the vehicle and don't return in time, it will time out, the site keeps your money, and even though I was right, I get nothing.