VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2013 volkswagen passat 2.5l stalls nwhile driving..Could it…

Customer Question
2013 volkswagen passat 2.5l...

2013 volkswagen passat 2.5l stalls nwhile driving..Could it be fuel pump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No its not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

After restart it starts back up and then stps again?..It's my daughter car i haven't done anything yet.It started 2 days ago and gotten worst.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just some answers so i won't get screwed by the dealer Pearl.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
5/27/2018
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon the fuel pumps are not common on this engine what is common is the crank sensor to fail these are located in the bell housing its about 1 hour worth of labor its held on by 2 allen bolts and just unplug it and then you will be able to remove it . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

But the engine light isn't on..With that being a sensor wouldn't the engine light be on throwing a code?

At times when the crank sensor is starting to fail it will not trigger a fault once the sensor have a lot of issues it will cause a p0321 , you can check fuel pressure but the most common issue in the 2.5 liter engine is the crank sensor issue . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you .