VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

We changed the plugs and coils and now it won't start. No…

Customer Question
We changed the plugs...

We changed the plugs and coils and now it won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No and the battery has 12 volts.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 VW?

2.5 liter engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We were doing a tune up. Not sure what to do first

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
5/28/2018
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Do you know how to check for fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris

It was a dead cell in the battery. New battery and good togo.

Glad it is resolved