VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

All the lights come on when you turn the key but won’t

Customer Question
All the lights come...

All the lights come on when you turn the key but won’t start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel will turn. Key is fine I think, I disconnected the battery last night and it started once I reconnected it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Crafter 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I’ve disconnected to Ecu I’ve disconnected the battery which worked before. Hit the starter checked all the leads to the stater

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete