VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Wont start. Just changed the fuel lines and filter battery…

Customer Question
Just changed the fuel...

Just changed the fuel lines and filter battery is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2003 jetta 1.8t manual drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was suppossed to be a basic change to fuel supply line \

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
fuel supply line was leaking at the rail - we taped that leak but then it starting leaking at the connect. replaced all 4 the hoses (all were corroded and brittle) from the quick connect to the rails. replaced fuel supply line running under car up into the engine to quic connect.. changed filter at the same time and also change air and oil filters. double checked all connections - nothing seemed loose. vehicle just turns over but wont catch. i did hear fuel pump activating each time i tried to start it.
where does the obd scanner tool connect to the engine so it provides the error codes. (new development) basically states that there is no communication to the scanner but prior to that i did not receive any error codes
it would appear that the gas tank is starting to buckle
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Hello, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When you turn the key on does the check engine light come on in the instrument cluster?

thanks

it does

ok . did you check if the coils are working ?

pull coil and have spark plug in coil while connected and a ground wire from ground to the threads of the spark plug.

with a second person cranking does it spark?

I will have to get to on that one. I an currently away from the vehicle.

ok please do keep me in the loop!!

do i need to worry about the gas tank buckling of the fact the obd cannot get a reading?

first need to get the engine running first . do you have an aftermarket radio installed?

No radio

before this issue was there any other lights on in the dash?

No
2 months ago we changed out the maf
What scan tool u are using make and model please?