VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Air conditioner compressor not truning on. That is fine.

Customer Question
Air conditioner compressor not...

Air conditioner compressor not truning on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes that is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Compressor clutch not engaging

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your VW?

2006 3.6 ltr passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fuses and checked the fren pressure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be the compressor relay?

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
2006 Passat 3.6 ltr
5/25/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 29 days ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Hello, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This compressor is a different style compressor controlled by the electronic valve in the back of the compressor.

Do you have VAG Com scan tool?

thanks

ok first are there any fault codes stored in 08 a/c

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am not calling

just disregard the phone thing that is from the site not me .

any codes stored as i asked?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No codes
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Possibly solinoid?

go to read measure value blocks and while the a/c is on and the engine running . i do need you to find the value blocks where it shows the torque reading and amperage reading . torque would be in nM and the reading of A for the amperage

what are the readings?

thanks