VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I can not fully close the sun roof.otherwise it opens and…

Customer Question
I can not fully...

I can not fully close the sun roof.otherwise it opens and closes normally.I pulled the fuse to get it to reset but it will not help. I went on utube and saw where one can manually close it but can't figure out how to open the overhead control panel. The volkswagen dealer can't give me an appointmentuntil Tuesday,and there is rain in the forecast

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes,no answers there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2009 Jetta wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled the fuse to try to resetit-no uck.I attempted to re movethe overhead panel,removed two screws,butI was concerned about the amount of force I was applying to pry it open and was afraid of shattering the panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A few weeks ago I opened the sunroof when I had a wooden box on the roof rack,and as the sunroof was closing it caught on thebottom of the box.When I got home I took off the box and was able to close the sun roof completely with no problem.Today I wanted to see how high the roof rose in the final stage of closing,but now the rear og the sunroof will not come downeven when the the roof is only an eighth of an inch away of being fully forward

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: VW
5/25/2018
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 26 days ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Hello, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

1. first i do need the vin # to get the factory information .
  2. second when you pulled the cover down did you see an a chrome allen wrench?
  3. what 2 screws did you remove ? pics of the sunroof position now and the screws please

thanks