VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2008 Beetle that also lost the antenna at the car…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Beetle that also lost the antenna at the car wash. My Beetle has satellite radio. The replacement base cost is in the $200 to $250 range and I don't want to spend that much. Will the following part work? It is the shark fin type. "Antenna Assembly - Volkswagen (1K0-035-501-C)". This antenna is significantly less expensive. Would the connectors work with the existing antenna cabling up in the headliner?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

At the present, everything is factory (Monsoon).

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am procuring the antenna part and will take it to an audio installation shop for the installation.

4/6/2018
VW Mechanic: Mike Rodgers, VW Technician replied 4 years ago
Mike Rodgers
Mike Rodgers, VW Technician

Hi my name is*****'ve reviewed your question, can you give me the VIN number for vehicle so I can properly match the correct part for you?

3VWPW31C68M500662Last night when I asked my initial question, there was a $5.00 charge. Then on the next screen, I was asked to buy a plan. If this is going to cost any more money, we can stop any further activity right now. I am a senior on a fixed income and can not afford to proceed any further. Thanks for your help thusfar.

Well I have an answer for you. By VIN, the part number for you antenna is 5C5-035-501 for the base (which contains the satellite function) and 1J0-035-849-A for the rod portion. Unfortunately the apart number you gave does not fit your vehicle. Even though google shows it is for a satellite radio, it is not according to the factory VW parts catalog.

Mike Rodgers
Mike Rodgers, VW Technician
OK..... I guess I will have to save and buy that part and keep the car stock.Thank you for your response.