VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

No power to the secondary air injection pump on my 99 beetle…

Customer Question
No power to the...

No power to the secondary air injection pump on my 99 beetle 2.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent absolutely no power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It started with changing the water pump then everything happened

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: VW
4/3/2018
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 22 days ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. What are you trying to correct with the secondary air system? Do you have a fault code? thanks.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
There is no power to th secondary air. One of the codes is 1452
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 22 days ago

Ok. Are you trying to fix a check engine light? Do you know the exact "p" codes, and what kind of scan tool are you working with? thank you.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It’s a can one 2 can-tech
Here are the codes
1225
1226
1227
1228
1450
1451
No check engine light
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 22 days ago

Im going to opt out and let others assist you, thanks.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok
VW Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 22 days ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** set of codes is usually caused by a bad fuel pump relay or low voltage to the relay from the battery fuse box. Check the fuse box for overheating and make sure you have a good 12V in and out of the box. Next, I would try a new fuel pump relay. Also check fuses 28, 32 and 43.

Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Already did that

Does the car start and run?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No either
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Neither

Will it run if you bypass the fuel pump relay by jumping across the two large terminals in the relay connector using a fused jumper lead?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
The fuel pump is working. Replaced a lot of parts. No power to the secondary air injector

Ok, I will opt out and let one of the other experts try and help.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ty
Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician