VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I try to open the doors by pressing on the opener on the…

Customer Question
I try to open...

I try to open the doors by pressing on the opener on the key. The doors wont open and there is no response for trying to remote start it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have a Tiquan, 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 VW?

Tiquan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

None of the keys work and I can't open the doors or remote start it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am not fixing the vehicle myself.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi im kevin have you managed to enter car ?

No. They haven’t been corroded so far. Car is new. I can’t even get into the car to open the hood
does it cost 37 dollars to talk to you on the phone
There is nothing to listen to. Everything is dead.

I dont offer phone service anyway .it sounds as though vehicle battery is flat .inside your key is a mechanical metal key that you will need to enter the car to be able to restart car

If I left the lights on which I don't think I did I should still be able to open the door. No?
You would only be able to open door with manual key not with buttons on remote