VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It had a oil leak n now it has a loud knocking noise n the…

Customer Question
It had a oil...

It had a oil leak n now it has a loud knocking noise n the car shuts off while driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No the gaskets seemed fine and I'm not sure what hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2003 vw Passat wagen GLX V6 4 MOTION DUPONT WA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm fixing it myself. I've sealed the oil pan and refilled the oil pan n now it has this loud clicking noise while the car is on n shits off while driving. It shakes.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 3 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Good afternoon ,

Was the issue there before you did the oil leak repairs ?

No
wat do I do now

Did you remove the oil pick up tube ??

How did you seal the oil pan ??

What oil pickup tube n yes I looked at the oil pan
I sealed the oil pan myself

Where the oil pan is once you remove it you have the oil pick up screen/tube there that sucks up the oil from the lower oil pan , did you run this engine low on oil pressure??