VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

P0420 and p0430 codes appear despite full catalyst change.

Customer Question
P0420 and p0430 codes...

P0420 and p0430 codes appear despite full catalyst change

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Its the 2009 Touareg 3.6. yes it was reset but keeps appearing after 100-200km

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - it was over at my VW shop over here in Poland and they claimed that the catalysts were gone after 126000miles so I had them changed and the engine check sign appeared again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ok thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: VW
4/1/2018
VW Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

how long ago were the cats replaced??

do you know the brand?? brand is important as the cheap ones do not have enough precious metals to keep the light out

Roy

do you still need any help

any update??